Build A New System or Keep the one i have !?

I own a remote management company. And I know, I know, I should know this for myself ... but I thought I would ask.  typically I have 50 / 100 RDP sessions going at one time + consoles and SSH session and other crap .

If you don't game on this computer, then keeping the old GPU is fine then. Upgrading the other components would be the only way you would see any kind of performance gain. But the old hardware is still pretty good for what you are doing. I have never had that many RDP sessions going at once, so I'm not exactly sure if the additional RAM will benefit you in this case or not.

If you don't game on this computer, then keeping the old GPU is fine then. Upgrading the other components would be the only way you would see any kind of performance gain. But the old hardware is still pretty good for what you are doing. I have never had that many RDP sessions going at once, so I'm not exactly sure if the additional RAM will benefit you in this case or not.

It may be over kill with 32gb of ram lol but .... if i have it i should us it no ? .... so the fast CDP and is going to be better then the one with more cores .....hmmm somthing it just pays to ask a group . ...

It may be over kill with 32gb of ram lol but .... if i have it i should us it no ? .... so the fast CDP and is going to be better then the one with more cores .....hmmm somthing it just pays to ask a group . ...

I think the i7 960 only has 4 cores, but it does have 8 threads. The new i7 is the same, but its performance is better than the old one. 

As far as the 32GB of RAM goes, you would have to see how much you are using now in order to make that call!

I think the i7 960 only has 4 cores, but it does have 8 threads. The new i7 is the same, but its performance is better than the old one. 

As far as the 32GB of RAM goes, you would have to see how much you are using now in order to make that call!

I do use all 24gb at times so that's why I'm going with the 32

Windows 8.1 - 10  x64  and FreeBSD 10 x64 .. sometimes a hacked Mac osx ..

Alright, you will be fine then

okay guys would you replace the Samsung xl2370 with an ultra wide ?

okay guys would you replace the Samsung xl2370 with an ultra wide ?

IMO, it would provide better productivity if you get one of the higher resolution versions, but they aren't cheap at all yet.

It would really come down to if you think you would benefit from having it. Having 3 monitors is still very effective though.

IMO, it would provide better productivity if you get one of the higher resolution versions, but they aren't cheap at all yet.

It would really come down to if you think you would benefit from having it. Having 3 monitors is still very effective though.

My hart tells me to get one my wallet tells me to wait

definitely keep old system. new gpu tho  :)

didnt read lol. if you dont game then nvm the gpu unless you do something else that requires it

Okay So I went and got a new GPU the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 , But I could not resist building out the new system . So I got 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 780 and some more ram .. why you may ask ? so I could build out the new system and test it against the old one J

Old System

Intel core i7 960 3.20GHZ

32 gb ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD

1tb SSD

New System

Intel i7-4790K 4GHZ

32 gb ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 780

Gigabyte Black Edition z97-UD5H-BK

1tb SSD

So now that I have been this freaking Id10t1c what would be a good software to test with   ??

Do you want to stress test it, or just do like a PCMark or other kind of test to see the actual performance difference?

Do you want to stress test it, or just do like a PCMark or other kind of test to see the actual performance difference?

all

all

I would look around for free versions of bench marking software. I think PCMark has a free version.