Project: Atomos

ikem

Here we go again!

small12.jpg

This time with a Lian Li Q30.

This will be my htpc and home gaming PC.

Components:

Intel i5 3470s

Gigabyte H77N-Wifi

OCZ Vertex II 60GB

Seagate 320gb HDD

650w PSU (dont know the brand)

HIS HD 6870

I have a nice vision of the built, continuing on Lian Li's new curves with this, and some modifications that may be a little different. Stay tuned for a lot of aluminum, lexan, and cap screws. :D

DSC03881.JPG

no room for a PSU! gotta change that.

DSC03886.JPG

a little laid back to, me... going to stand it up.

DSC03883.JPG

i hope so!

i better get my file ready....

DSC03902.JPG

all 6 pieces (2 of each for the sides) before filing the edges to mirror.

DSC03903.JPG

a little mock up never hurt anything.

DSC03904.JPG

and here is a little teaser of what will come tomorrow!

DSC03911.JPG

I agree, lian li kinda threw me with one on this case... curves? on a case? what??

i look at this case too.  got to mod it to fix a large gpu. i still may pic one up and try it one day.  build looks good so far

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

Wow. Such a different case. Love it!

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

got a lot of stuff done over the weekend. Im am trying to make a dead line of wednsday for powdercoat so i can get them on friday.

starting on the floor of the case. a little crude a the moment, but im kinda designing as I go.

DSC03914.JPG

this should be enough room for the cables. i wish i had a modular power supply.

DSC03915.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

got some longer button head screws and they look so much better!

DSC03925.JPG

DSC03923.JPG

here is where im going to put the led strips. I have ordered 4 - 24cm strips.

DSC03926.JPG

MNPCTech bezel with some notches to allow for the psu brace.

DSC03927.JPG

and a look at the back. There will be a cover over the entire back, but the leds will light up the tail of the acrylic, once i frost them. I also have to clean up the cutout for the psu.

DSC03930.JPG

I have also epoxy’ed the bolts to the case, since the aluminum on the original case is too thin to tap.

This was a pretty big update, but I have to get some more aluminum for the back cover, bend it to shape, and then get everything sanded and out to powdercoat.

But that brings me to a question for you. One three side panels, what should the colors be? remember there will be white light coming from in between each panel. So there will be separation between black panels.

DSC03904.png

awesome man!!!! looking great!!!

for me i like the option A ;)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

I like A the best. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

option B i would say but if you can do it in red that would look better

yea, the color can change to Red, Green, or Orange.

I would say A.

I guess B would be a good option if the inside color scheme has blue in it also.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

I like the A color scheme most.
But that's mostly cos I love white lighting.

a

AS-Rock 990FX Fatl1ty, AMD Bulldozer 6200, Corsair H55 (Christmas Gift), XFX 7770, Patriot Viper 1866Mgz (Black). Corsair CX600

A

Looks great!

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

im thinking of doing red too...

worked on the back panel tonight. also sanded all the panels in prep.

I still have to cut out the psu hole and the 120mm hole for the radiator, once i know where i'm going to position it.

I have ordered a Corsair H60 for cooling. My Gigabyte H77N-Wifi arrived today, and I paired my i5-3470s with it

DSC03931.JPG

DSC03932.JPG

DSC03935.JPG

A quick look inside so far. Still a lot of structure work to do. Rad mounts, ssd/hdd mounting, and cleaning all the existing aluminum up.

DSC03934.JPG

I also frosted the tips of the exposed acrilic. This should give a nice glow from the back.

DSC03937.JPG

and the bottom should be done with modding. just waiting for the led strips to come tomorrow.

DSC03939.JPG

im thinking of just doing all black and accenting with a color that looks good on sleeving/ram/etc. But i have quadrupled the weight of the case. Lian Li built this case to be light... and I ended up giving it armor :D. I will make my final decision of colors tonight when i get the leds mocked up.