Static still exists :(

Octavialicious

I've tried using three different headphones, and I still have static coming from my audio. I also bought a schiit modni + magni, and the audio is still staticy, so I know it's not my audio setup.

What gives? Sometimes restarting chrome fixes it, but the audio static can happen with audio from any source. The audio static is not constant, it's only occasional

pls help

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Is the static only there when plugged into your pc?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Is the static only there when plugged into your pc?

yes, all three headphones worked fine on my phone

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I have a Schiit Modi 2 which is basically a USB dac and I still have static

so it's something on windows I believe

I have a Schiit Modi 2 which is basically a USB dac and I still have static

so it's something on windows I believe

safe mode? xD?

is all settings set to highest khz (studio QUality) in advanced tab

yes, all three headphones worked fine on my phone

Then check the audio sources in the sound control panel to see if any programs or anything are causing it, otherwise it could just be a crappy integrated audio card letting there be interference causing the static.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

safe mode? xD?

is all settings set to highest khz (studio QUality) in advanced tab

Tried second one, will try safe mode if it fails. Ty :)

Could be radiation interference from power cables, otherwise the only other possibility is that it is coming in over the Modi's usb connection.

Does moving your Schiit around affect the amount of static?

Is your phone near your dac? If it is, move it away. Had that issue when I had an E10 way back when. 

Yep. I had a problem just having the E10 on a table with a metal frame.

My o2/odac gets static whenever I get a call because my phone is next to it. Funny thing is, it's the only way I will know I'm getting a call because I keep that thing on silent xD

My o2/odac gets static whenever I get a call because my phone is next to it. Funny thing is, it's the only way I will know I'm getting a call because I keep that thing on silent xD

Spent the last hour untaggling all my cables and organizing it, if the static comes back ill let ya know :D

Spent the last hour untaggling all my cables and organizing it, if the static comes back ill let ya know :D

So that helped, I take it? Or did it go away on it's own?

So that helped, I take it? Or did it go away on it's own?

So far yes, but I'll have to wait for a few more hours before I call it a success :P

So far yes, but I'll have to wait for a few more hours before I call it a success :P

I see. It's probably good, just keep your cables managed. In particular you don't want to run the USB or audio cables parallel to other cables, espeically power cables.

So have you tried it on the PC's? Also what port are you using, hopefully it's a rear 2.0 port

So far yes, but I'll have to wait for a few more hours before I call it a success [emoji14]

If that was the case sounds like you have some stuff that should have a ferrite on the cable and doesn't.

So have you tried it on the PC's? Also what port are you using, hopefully it's a rear 2.0 port

Tried rear 2.0, rear 3.0, and front 3.0

I'm currently using front 3.0 with my untangled cables and it's been working great so far

Tried rear 2.0, rear 3.0, and front 3.0

I'm currently using front 3.0 with my untangled cables and it's been working great so far

Probably power interference from a non shielded cable.

Probably power interference from a non shielded cable.

ye, I have wayyy too many cables so that's why I decided to try the front usb port

ye, I have wayyy too many cables so that's why I decided to try the front usb port

Get some nice ones and put some ferrites on them and youll be all good.

It could also just have been those ports at the back.  It wouldn't bee the first time I have seen inexplicable issues with one usb port but not the one beside it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It could also just have been those ports at the back.  It wouldn't bee the first time I have seen inexplicable issues with one usb port but not the one beside it.

Usually the front ones are the ones at fault due to poor or incorrect case grounding.