4k tv as monitor? good or bad?

ExcitezR
Go to solution Solved by Lithicas,

4K TV's work great as monitors. Depending on which you buy.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/ue48ju7500-201504074038.htm

Input lag (Leo Bodnar tester) 21ms in [Game] mode

For the monitor reviewed in my link. That is pretty much what you get from standard IPS monitors. When it says 1MS for TN or 5+ MS for IPS it's GTG response time, their input lag is way higher.

so im currently running 3 21 inch 1080p monitors for surround but barely ever play in surround because you have to set it up then set the game up then make all the settings correct use fixers...... you get my point its a bit of a hassle and i end up playing on one screen any way SO i was looking at getting a 4k 42inch IPS TV which has HDMI 2.0 so it does 60Hz but i want to know if there is any issue with playing games on a large TV like that e.g. motion blur or input lag, would i notice it ect

i also do a lot of photography thats why i was looking at 4k so i can has all the pixels 

I know that the 970 is not enough for 4K ultra but idk and getting another one soon ish     

or should i get a nice 1440p monitor thats 27inch and colour calibrated ect  

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

I would say a 1440p color accurate IPS monitor would be great. I run with a 24" 1080p TV right now and I can say that the colors are a bit shit sometimes

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Input lag (Leo Bodnar tester) 21ms in [Game] mode

For the monitor reviewed in my link. That is pretty much what you get from standard IPS monitors. When it says 1MS for TN or 5+ MS for IPS it's GTG response time, their input lag is way higher.

ok so i dont think i will be going with a 4k TV i just found out the one i was looking at has a input lag of 60MS which is hella slow lol i think i might just save and get the 1440p Gsync ips monitor from acer 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER