Corsair Fans

EvilGenius

Hey Guys,

I'm getting my new computer this week and I got some Corsair Air Series AF120 and I would like to know if I would be able to control de speed of the fans with my motherboard. Myh motherboard will be a Asus Maximus Vii Hero, I know I can control fans with this motherboard but if the fans are not PWM.

Thanks guys

You can control the fans through AI Suite which is ASUS software. The fans are not PWM - they need a 4 pin connector for that. You have to control the fans through voltage.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you plug them into the fan connectors on your board, then yes.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

If you plug them into the fan connectors on your board, then yes.

Ok good thx and would you know if the Quiet series with led is quieter than the one without leds? the one without leds have rubber pads in the corners. I just went and check and the led edition has 4 dba more than the one without leds.

You can control the fans through AI Suite which is ASUS software. The fans are not PWM - they need a 4 pin connector for that. You have to control the fans through voltage.

Even if they were PWM, he wouldn't be able to control them through PWM signals w/o splitters. Most motherboards on the market use voltage control on every port except the CPU. Even if they have 4-pin connectors, the speed is controlled through voltage. Which is kinda sad.

There's only 4dba difference between the Quiet Edition with Led and the one without, do you guys think i would really see a difference?

True, you can also get an analogic or digital controler