Headphones and Speakers overlap

AxwellMix

Hello. 

I've got a pair of headphones (athm50x) and speakers (logitech z120). I have them both plugged into audio jacks, the headphones in the back panel and the speakers in the front panel. 

Whenever I plug in the logitech z120 they overlap the headphones on the soundcards CP and the sound control for windows. On the sound windows control It always has Speakers VIA High Definition Audio for both the speakers and headphones, so whenever one is plugged in after it'll overlap the last because they'll both be called VIA High Definition Audio. This a problem when I want to play sound through the speakers and have Skype in the headphones as I can't select the headphones in the skype options because they aren't actually the headphones they are the speakers.

Do you think this is something to do with soundcard, or does VIA not support two audio devices at once? or is there a work around so I can have both at once?

I want to be able to seamlessly go between the two so whenever I want to watch netflix I can default the speakers and whenever I'm doing anything else I can default to the headphones. 

(I hope this made sense)

Thanks! 

VIA should be able to do that. Open HD Vdeck, go to option (spanner icon), choose independent headphone.

This fixed it, thank you! :)