Moving/installing new components

So I've had my current rig since the beginning of 2011 and I decided it was time to upgrade.

Currently I have a GTX 550Ti, a Phenom II X4 965, and a 620W Antec powersupply as well as a Gigabyte 880GMA usb3 AM3+ mobo.

I am planning on buying the Gigabye Windforce GTX 970 and the FX 8350 as well as a new case (the H440) as my current one (Thermaltake V3) is too small to house the 3 fan GPU.

My questions are:

1) Is this CPU GPU combo a good match?

2) Will 620W be enough to sustain these new components (I'm under the impression it will be but not sure)

and 3) Are the 3 fans the H440 comes with adequate for cooling or should I pick up a few of Corsair's AF series fans to replace them?

Thanks all!

1. They're a good combo, but an i5 would be better...

2. Yes, it will be, but your power supply doesn't sound exactly reliable...

3. The fans in the H440 should be pretty adequate. But if you feel like dropping the extra cash, then do it, you might see a small temperature drop.

50Cent sweg.

1. They're a good combo, but an i5 would be better...

2. Yes, it will be, but your power supply doesn't sound exactly reliable...

3. The fans in the H440 should be pretty adequate. But if you feel like dropping the extra cash, then do it, you might see a small temperature drop.

I probably would go with an i5 since all I've seen is that they're generally better but I'm already spending so much (for me) and getting a different mobo would be too much

Is the Antec dangerous then or would my computer just continually crash because of inadequate power?

I probably would go with an i5 since all I've seen is that they're generally better but I'm already spending so much (for me) and getting a different mobo would be too much

Is the Antec dangerous then or would my computer just continually crash because of inadequate power?

Well, probably neither, but what model is it? Because if it's something slightly shady / more shady than Linus' Scrapyard Wars power supply, don't blame me if one day it fries everything. Or it at least is raising your power bill significantly.

50Cent sweg.

Well, probably neither, but what model is it? Because if it's something slightly shady / more shady than Linus' Scrapyard Wars power supply, don't blame me if one day it fries everything. Or it at least is raising your power bill significantly.

It's this http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371059

Should replacing it be one of the top things I do? It's bronze rated so would it really fry my stuff?

Thanks man

It's this http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371059

Should replacing it be one of the top things I do? It's bronze rated so would it really fry my stuff?

Thanks man

Nah, that one looks alright. Plus it's 80+ Bronze, so that should bring some peace of mind. I just remembered back to Linus' ghetto metal box thing. You shouldn't need to replace it.

50Cent sweg.

Oh one other thing maybe worth mentioning: I've been having to turn off the psu after putting my computer into hibernate otherwise it turns back on in the night.. Maybe not so peaceful of mind?

Oh one other thing maybe worth mentioning: I've been having to turn off the psu after putting my computer into hibernate otherwise it turns back on in the night.. Maybe not so peaceful of mind?

I can't help you with that... I don't know why that would happen.. maybe just try shutting it down and then seeing if it turns back on?

50Cent sweg.

I can't help you with that... I don't know why that would happen.. maybe just try shutting it down and then seeing if it turns back on?

I'll try that tonight, thanks!

When I turned it on this morning it bluescreened; is that a sign the psu might need to be replaced?