I don't understand why Publishers don't fight piracy more.

IMPERIUS

1. More free demos. Ideally, every game should have a playable demo either timed or progress limited. 

2. Stop it with the FN $60 "full price."  

I use piracy because there are pretty much no demos for any new games out. I like to make sure I have no problems running the game and then buy.
I'm an honest person though and i do delete the pirated games once I'm done testing.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

You say that, but then GTA V has been out for a week and there's no pirate version yet. So I guess on some levels it does work and they do fight it.

There was a pirate version before the game was out, they where just waiting for release so they could crack it.

The games was cracked within a day of release.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

For those saying that downloading isn't illegal (location dependant), you better make sure your not seeding then, cause then you are uploading.

In some countries games are more than double the price of other countries.  Also, distribution is an issue. Sometimes a game isn't simply available for purchase in a specific country. i.e Hotline Miami 2 with Australia, Devs told us to pirate it. Which I didn't because I'd rather just not play it personally.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

1. More free demos. Ideally, every game should have a playable demo either timed or progress limited. 

2. Stop it with the FN $60 "full price."  

demos is a big reason. alot pirate  who download to see if it runs ok or to see if they like the game

can anyone remeber the last big game to get a demo on pc

its ok to pirate ,just not to publicly show / sell the pirated game/movie

i only pirate movies ,games , too big files, no multiplayer, no updates

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

its ok to pirate ,just not to publicly show / sell the pirated game/movie

i only pirate movies ,games , too big files, no multiplayer, no updates

The justification of doing something wrong is illogical. The ends do not justify the means. 

Sometimes piracy actually helps:

http://saysomethingquick.tumblr.com/post/16837455171/when-the-web-started-i-used-to-get-really-grumpy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qkyt1wXNlI

Quote from Neil Gaiman: 

One of which was… places where I was being pirated, particularly Russia where people were translating my stuff into Russian and spreading around into the world, I was selling more and more books. People were discovering me through being pirated. 

What you’re actually doing is advertising. You’re reaching more people, you’re raising awareness. Understanding that gave me a whole new idea of the shape of copyright and of what the web was doing. Because the biggest thing the web is doing is allowing people to hear things. Allowing people to read things. Allowing people to see things that they would never have otherwise seen. And I think, basically, that’s an incredibly good thing.

It isn't about gaming but the concept can also be used for games.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.