Use computer keyboard as a midi controller (like an launchpad)

Hello,

I saw a lot of videos of ppls making/remixing music with their keyboards (like mine) and with launchpads.

I have live 9 and I have an usb keyboard (razer blackwidow chroma (the one I want to use for the colors effects)) and a ps/2 keyboard (hp one).

The only problem is that or, I can't find a way to do something to make my whole keyboard as a launchpad or a piano, or I can't find a way to make live 9 use all my keyboard keys.

At the end of the day, I just want to be able to play music with my keyboard, and that when I release the key, the music stops to play (as live 9 does). Idk if I can't use my keyboard as a usb keyboard, the blackwidow remember the profile you were on so its okay.

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

Thanks a lot, @MrYuriy but I need to be able to play what ever sounds I wan to... I don't think I can with Bome... :/

do you have something else that I can do?

Thanks a lot!

To be honest, that was almost the extent of my knowledge in this area..  :unsure:

I only experimented with using my keyboard for MiDi for a small side project.. Bome worked for me when I needed it. VMPK was heavily talked about also.

But, unfortunately my friend, I don't have anything else to give here >.<

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you find what you're looking for, though!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Hello,

Allright, well thanks a lot for your help, surely appreciate it!

I might think to buy an launchpad S as I can't find anything so I hope if I buy one refurbished it wont be too bad..

Thanks and see ya!

Hello,

Thanks a lot, @MrYuriy but I need to be able to play what ever sounds I wan to... I don't think I can with Bome... :/

do you have something else that I can do?

Thanks a lot!

All the solutions including launchpad are simply MIDI controllers.  The sounds you hear when you press a key/pad are produced by a software sampler or synth which in your case means Live.  What sounds you hear will have nothing to do with the MIDI input (or what software you use to make your keyboard into a controller), only with what sounds you assign to the MIDI signals.

I don't personally use any Ableton softwares and I don't know that much about them but I'd be very surprised if it didn't offer a MIDI interface for your keyboard already.  

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Hello,

Thanks a lot @Oktyabr , but do you have any ideas then how to trick the program or something or to use another software that then, I'll be able to use the entire (or almost) keyboard and maybe keys where I can change profiles or something ? :/

Anyways, thanks again!

Hello,

Thanks a lot @Oktyabr , but do you have any ideas then how to trick the program or something or to use another software that then, I'll be able to use the entire (or almost) keyboard and maybe keys where I can change profiles or something ? :/

Anyways, thanks again!

Already built in:  

Assigning different samples/sounds, etc. to each key is for you to figure out, although I am *sure* it can be done.

EDIT:  Google!  Check it out!  :D  https://youtu.be/j-Llp5v9_Tk

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Hello,

Are you sure because the only keys I can is the middle row+ wetyuop...

Thanks as always!

Hello,

Are you sure because the only keys I can is the middle row+ wetyuop...

Thanks as always!

No, I'm not sure.  I don't use Live.  :)  But it's reasonable to assume that a commercial product that is capable of simulating a piano keyboard should also allow you to bind the rest of your keys to other samples as well.  It's probably in Live's advanced feature set somewhere.  I think if I were you I'd be asking on a dedicated Ableton forum somewhere.