Do I need so much?

REX.exe
Go to solution Solved by EarthboundHero,

You don't need that much, but that PSU is one of the best available so I'd keep it.

LINK TO BUILD: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/Pkmp4D

So I'm not on a tight budget, but I'd hate to spend $140 AUD on a good 750w power supply when I don't even need 750w.

I do plan on getting another 970 in the future but I still think 750w might be overkill.

I plan on overclocking my CPU and maybe my Graphics cards.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

no one would say you need a 750w psu for what yo got there

you could get away with a good quality 500w one

but if your gonna sli..then yes you need the 750w

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

no one would say you need a 750w psu for what yo got there

you could get away with a good quality 500w one

but if your gonna sli..then yes you need the 750w

I see, is there a cheaper 750w PSU you could find? Not too sure about a good one for less.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

check ppp..you generally want one from  xfx or seasonic or people on here like evga to...tho personally I would only take SS or xfx

the evga is probably gonna be the cheapest tho

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

You don't need that much, but that PSU is one of the best available so I'd keep it.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I think I'll just keep the one I originally chose. No way to cheap out of a good PSU.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build: