Which Card should i buy ?

keycolony

I have a Gtx 970 right now and im pretty happy with it the only problem is that i play on 2560x1440p and 1 Gtx 970 is definitely not enough for this type of resolution and the games that i play, just as an example i play games like Far Cry 4, Metro Redux, Crysis 3 and all this kind of stuff and i really dont know what Graphics card i should buy now. Im going to spent around 800 bucks for a new card (or two). There were rumors that a 980ti will be released in the near future but i dont give much about such "rumors" im pretty sure that there will be a 980ti cause Nvidia has to counter the new AMD card. So what should i do, should i wait for a 980ti or how it will be called or should i just get a second 970 or a single 980 ? I obviously need the strongest card setup that i can get for 800 bucks and 1440p gaiming.

So if you have $800, sell your 970 and get a Titan X

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

grab another 970. As long as its not the 3.5GB VRAM limit thats causing your bad FPS but that 1440p I doubt that. 

Just out of curiosity what are your MSAA/AA/FXAA settings like in the games you play? If they are all at x16/x8 that's too high and for the performance hit you take from using them its not worth it at all.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Or you can wait. That's what I am doing. Its only months not years. Just depends on how much of a itch you have to upgrade.

If you have the money get a Titan X or wait getting two 980ti "which I am thinking of doing". Might preform better than two Titan X at a lower price. But that's just rumours atm so don't take my word on that just yet.