Case Wars

Supermast

Which case is better and worthy to hold my rig. Please vote and even give your comments :D (Also give your favourite case. Price $150)

Between the Define R5 and the H440 for me personally I went with the H440 because the R5 wasn't out :3 

For $150 a Cooler Master HAF X is pretty good. I have my current system fully watercooled in that. The Define R5 is pretty good too probably better actually and i also like the corsair cases. Good luck :)

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

The Define S is awesomely optimized for water.. for it's size at least... 0 drive cages (Optical or storage) but it's more designed for silence than anything.. That said it'll still get plenty of air through the rads.

Define S review

Top 8 cases of 2014 according to Dmitry (HWC).. he makes some smexy smexy vids..

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Here u go man. Not Linus videos but still nice.

SNIP

lol.. just before me.. Love Dimitrys vids... calls people out over flaws and makes gorgeous shots. :)

lol.. just before me.. Love Dimitrys vids... calls people out over flaws and makes gorgeous shots. :)

Hey watch that Define S video., It has 2 ssd mounts and 3 3.5 drive mounts

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

Hey watch that Define S video., It has 2 ssd mounts and 3 3.5 drive mounts

Yes.. but no cages to disrupt air-flow..

It's also got LOADS of flex when the panels are off it (As there are no cages) but is good when they are in.

Yes.. but no cages to disrupt air-flow..

It's also got LOADS of flex when the panels are off it (As there are no cages) but is good when they are in.

With panels and water cooling stuff I don't think it is bad. If I was him I would do a dual ssd with external storage in the R5. Then remove DVD and HDD bays. My preference at least .

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

With panels and water cooling stuff I don't think it is bad. If I was him I would do a dual ssd with external storage in the R5. Then remove DVD and HDD bays. My preference at least .

Whats the point in that.. The define S is cheaper and already has the cages removed and 3 HDD mounts and is the same chasis... R5 doesn't make sense if your taking out the cage.

And I did say it's got bad flex WITHOUT the panels..

Whats the point in that.. The define S is cheaper and already has the cages removed and 3 HDD mounts and is the same chasis... R5 doesn't make sense if your taking out the cage.

And I did say it's got bad flex WITHOUT the panels..

The R5 is a premium per say in this situation. The S makes more sense but I am giving the OP an option. Also do you own the S. I do not. According to the videos it does not look that bad. If you are an owner of the S, than I don't have room to talk as I don't have first hand experience with the S. 

Chase B

The R5 is a premium per say in this situation. The S makes more sense but I am giving the OP an option. Also do you own the S. I do not. According to the videos it does not look that bad. If you are an owner of the S, than I don't have room to talk as I don't have first hand experience with the S. 

The S is cheaper because it doesn't have the drive cages.. It's the same case less drive cages.. If your removing the drive cages... go the S.. Same look, same chassis, bigger window and lower price.

The S is cheaper because it doesn't have the drive cages.. It's the same case less drive cages.. If your removing the drive cages... go the S.. Same look, same chassis, bigger window and lower price.

I agree unless he is looking for more style, quietness, and features. With that said I think R5 for premium build and a practical build would be the S

Chase B

I'd prefer the Pro, because I still want 5.25" slots.  If Fractal had placed one 5.25" slot at the bottom front of the S chassis (vertical would be ok) then I'd buy one.