Skyrim randomly crashes

Hi everyone! I just created a new modlist, and now Skyrim is randomly crashing. The crashes are about 5-10 minutes in game. I started using a clean save file this one.

My PC: i5 4430 3.0ghz Quad-Core  

ASUS GTX 760 DCII OC edition  

8Gb DDR3 1333mhz RAM  

I'm using Mod Organizer, SKSE and ENB.

Tooooooooooooooooo much mods dude , maybe that the problem. probably their in clonflcit with each other, or maybe your PC can't handle it :/  Try to romeve some of them and see if it still crashes.

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Tooooooooooooooooo much mods dude , maybe that the problem. probably their in clonflcit with each other, or maybe your PC can't handle it :/  Try to romeve some of them and see if it still crashes.

Not really too many mods.

There is a way you can "allocate" more ram to skyrim, which helps with the crashing from high amounts of mods/long play times, I think it was in a skse config or something, though I had to add the file to my skyrim, so far it has worked great :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

If it was mods conflicting, it 99% of the time shows by an instant crashed game.

When the crash happens during gameplay, there are several possibilities.

It could be you're hitting the RAM max of 3.1 GB, the game will crash.

Check with Skyrim Performance Monitor.

Does it happen at random locations or the same location?

I have a savegame where I can't go anywhere near Falkreath, if I do, crash.

It was caused by a mod called Scenic Carriages. I noticed you have another mod that does a similar thing.

Have you tried with a completely new savegame?

It is the best way to test if its a savegame issue.

Its not way too many mods, I run with 186 esps + A LOT of texture mods. No problems yet.

If it was mods conflicting, it 99% of the time shows by an instant crashed game.

It was caused by a mod called Scenic Carriages. I noticed you have another mod that does a similar thing.

Its not way too many mods, I run with 186 esps + A LOT of texture mods. No problems yet.

It once crashed while i opened the shop menu, and another time just on the way to Riverwoord

Mods will cause crashes if not in the right order or corrupting other files within skyrim. Run the BOSS version for skyrim as well as wyrebash (spelling?)

I refuse to read threads whose author does not know how to remove the caps lock! 

— Grumpy old man

That is way more mods then I would dare run with skyrim. You sure some of those mods don't overwrite each others files. I use to crash every 20 mins or so when I first began using mods. Only thing that fixed it is returning my GTX 670 back to stock clock speeds. I'm sure your GTX 760 is just screaming at you. Have you monitored your cpu/gpu usage while you game. Even with my setup thats a little beefier then yours my Cpu/gpu is always 95-100% and thats just with 17 mods. You have 119!

CPU: 3570K @ 4.3Ghz MOBO: ASUS P8z77-v Deluxe RAM: 2-4GB Gskill GPU: EVGA 670 FTW SSD: Vertex 4 256 Case: CM HAF 932

I crashed right after I opened an MCM menu this time. I haven't tried the SKSE thing though, so maybe a problem with memory allocation? VRAM usage desont go over 1.6Gb and RAM doesnt go over 1GB.

Mods will cause crashes if not in the right order or corrupting other files within skyrim. Run the BOSS version for skyrim as well as wyrebash (spelling?)

I've run LOOT (improved version of BOSS). I don't know if there are any conflicting mods though. I've run wrye bash too.

That is way more mods then I would dare run with skyrim. You sure some of those mods don't overwrite each others files. I use to crash every 20 mins or so when I first began using mods. Only thing that fixed it is returning my GTX 670 back to stock clock speeds. I'm sure your GTX 760 is just screaming at you. Have you monitored your cpu/gpu usage while you game. Even with my setup thats a little beefier then yours my Cpu/gpu is always 95-100% and thats just with 17 mods. You have 119!

As you can see on the screenshot above, my GPU temp doesn't go over 60 and im running at 60 FPS :P Maybe you're using very GPU intense mods like JK's Skyrim or something. 

Try using SKSE. I know some mods will not work unless you use SKSE to load Skyrim.

I'm using SKSE

Did it started when you installed the mods? Or did it just randomly start soon after you installed the mods?

You could try cleaning your mods using TES5EDIT

i make music: http://www.soundcloud.com/kopacetic

Beets for the children.

Did it started when you installed the mods? Or did it just randomly start soon after you installed the mods?

You could try cleaning your mods using TES5EDIT

I  used a save made using only Skyrim and Update.esm 

I  used a save made using only Skyrim and Update.esm 

and that crashes?

Try verifying your game cache, updating your drivers, reinstalling skyrim?

i make music: http://www.soundcloud.com/kopacetic

Beets for the children.

This is my personal mod list.  Ordered with LOOT.  The extra RAM fix is not part of SKSE, but part of ENBSeries.  Just set it to disable graphical enhancements and set ENBLocal.ini to "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true"

http://modwat.ch/samfisher#/plugins

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I see you got Convenient Horses installed. Have you tried running their script latency test?

I've read on Nexus, of course I can't find the post now, that above 70ms should be avoided.

and that crashes?

Try verifying your game cache, updating your drivers, reinstalling skyrim?

This is my personal mod list.  Ordered with LOOT.  The extra RAM fix is not part of SKSE, but part of ENBSeries.  Just set it to disable graphical enhancements and set ENBLocal.ini to "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true"

I see you got Convenient Horses installed. Have you tried running their script latency test?

I've read on Nexus, of course I can't find the post now, that above 70ms should be avoided.

I've set the SKSE Memory Patch to this:

[General]ClearInvalidRegistrations=1[Display]iTintTextureResolution=2048[Memory]defaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768scrapHeapSizeMB=256

Apparently one of the mods I use required you to do that. Now it doesn't crash at all anymore :D Thanks Everyone!

^^This.  ENBoost

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/?<-- Old releases on nexus only

http://enbdev.com/<-- Mod authors site where newer versions are found.

Not the easiest thing in the world to install, and the walls of text don't help the uninitiated as much as one would think IMO.

*NVM apparently issue is sorted.

^^This.  ENBoost

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38649/?<-- Old releases on nexus only

http://enbdev.com/<-- Mod authors site where newer versions are found.

Not the easiest thing in the world to install, and the walls of text don't help the uninitiated as much as one would think IMO.

*NVM apparently issue is sorted.

Wasn't there also a patch in SKSE? I think it was called Sheson's Memory Patch.

ENBoost deals with VRAM.

SKSE deals with RAM.

And yes, Sheson's Memory Patch was implemented into SKSE some time ago.

You can still run the Sheson's Memory Patch by itself if you don't have any need for SKSE.

Edit: And you can run ENBoost without using all the features of an ENB. Just set UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false to true in the enblocal.ini and it will run the VRAM optimization by itself.

I don't think that every aspect that ENBoost addresses is covered by SKSE and Sheson's patch, but I don't know.  I don't use Sheson myself (at least in and of itself directly), nor am I particularly familiar with it.  All I can really say it that ENBoost made a night and day difference for my game.  Also having a slim FPS counter built in was a big plus too, much better than using reviva/afterburner IMO.

I don't think that every aspect that ENBoost addresses is covered by SKSE and Sheson's patch, but I don't know.  I don't use Sheson myself (at least in and of itself directly), nor am I particularly familiar with it.  All I can really say it that ENBoost made a night and day difference for my game.  Also having a slim FPS counter built in was a big plus too, much better than using reviva/afterburner IMO.

I googled a bit and i think i found some info. Sheson's memory patch is incorporated into SKSE and adresses normal RAM allocation, and ENBoost adresses VRAM allocation. I could be wrong though.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/272p0e/super_epic_guide_beginners_guide_section_22/