Sennheiser OCX 686G SPORTS

Not a huge fan of in-ears since I have weird ear holes but these do look cool and seem like they make a good sound. I need to put them in my ears before I spend money like this though.

So I'm fairly big into running, this weekend I'm going to be doing the half marathon in OKC. I currently have a pair of the Sennheiser OCX 685i's but I have a few problems with them and even these that Luke reviewed. I do not want to be disturbed while I am running. I don't want a microphone, I do not want volume adjusters. Iv'e had issues where I get to mile 8 or 10 and my sweat shorts out the buttons and will crank my volume all the way down, or crank the volume all the way up and hurt my ears! I just want something that is simple headphones and nothing else for these long runs, I'll control it through my media player or phone. Sound quality is alright on the ones I have, I was actually slightly disappointed in the quality for the price.

Now to things I do like. I like the around the ear style, they always fit and never come out. Something I highly recommend is getting Comply ear tips for them, they will make them sound better, fit better, and get better noise isolation. I am also a drummer and use these all the time while drumming because I can hear the music and not have to pay for expensive musician in ear headphones. These are a great alternative, only with the Comply tips though.

Luke I'd love to see if you can find some simple great quality sounding headphones that I have described.

This  may be a bad video to mention this on but why on earth is the colour in almost every video seem to be washed out. I know it is not my device because i have tried it on multiple monitors and phones. I love the videos and think they look amazing in 4K but why not richer colours?

Travis

Does anyone know if these work with the Nexus 6? There isn't a category for Motorola or Nexus phones, however, there is a review on Amazon stating they work on the Nexus 5.

Great set of headphones. A friend has them on for their Galaxy S#, not sure on the model. They sound good, albeit not what you would expect from Sennheiser, they are still good for workout earphones.

I will be considering these for my next purchase.

Nice video. Could you maybe check out some bluetooth headphones? Sennheiser doesn't seem to have any ( :( ), so I'm currently using a pair of Sony AS800BT. They're okay. But I do wonder how big the sound quality gap is. All I know is my big over-ear Sennheisers sound significantly better, but that's not exactly a fair comparison.

Are these compatible with google phones? I'm looking into getting these IEMs, but i want to make sure the extra functions with with my nexus 5. 

Keep in mind, if you have an iPhone/iPod you will need the OCX 686i's.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Ever since Luke did this review I've been very interested in these earbuds, wanting them for use on my Note 4 and other devices. However once I saw the price tag for it I cringed lol, but at the same time it wasn't too surprising as they are a Sennheiser quality product and you get what you pay for.

I've been keeping an eye out on these looking for sales or deals, saw a sale for about $20ish off from TigerDirect and Amazon but they were short lived.

However I am happy to discover today that Sennheiser themselves is doing a sale on these directly!

http://en-ca.sennheiser.com/ocx-686g-sports $30 CAD off for these & the PMX's and $20 off the MX & CX versions.

http://en-us.sennheiser.com/sport-earphones-running-jogging-workouts-ocx-686g  Same discounts as well in USD.

Don't forget to change the Device type under the price tag to iPhone/iPad/iPod if you need the 'i' version over the 'G' for compatibility with Apple products.

Edit: Also I noticed that Sennheiser offers free Standard or Express shipping if you spend $100 CAD or more (on the Canadian site not sure what the minimum is for the US one), so getting just the OCX's made me 0.01 short on that ¬_¬

So I ended up poking around their accessories section and found a $5 extention cable I can make use of to put me over for the free shipping deal (Express was quoted at $31 for me, so spending $5 more to get it free is totally worth it lol).

There was also a $2.50 3.5mm to 6.3mm adapter that would work as well but I dont have any use for it.