64-bit?

grayblizzard

so i built my build last December and i am running windows 10 technical preview which is supposedly 64 bit, however i have had problems where all my games and applications have downloaded as 32-bit or x86.

Do i need chipset drivers or something what am i missing?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

What games and applications are these? Not all programs use 64-bit.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

so i built my build last December and i am running windows 10 technical preview which is supposedly 64 bit, however i have had problems where all my games and applications have downloaded as 32-bit or x86.

Do i need chipset drivers or something what am i missing?

most programs are still 32 bit and still being coded for 32 bit....you are probably fine and the easiest way to see if you have a 32 or 64 bit OS is by checking how much ram the computer recognizes or is able to use since 32bit can only use 3gb of ram and 64bit anything above

As far as I know, all you need to do is update drivers from 32 bit to 64 bit. I assume most 32-bit applications were configured to be able to run in 64-bit aswell. But it's not the same in the reverse case.

you can't just "make" 32 bit applications magically run is 64 bit, that would require the developer to re code the entire thing from scratch.

most apps are 32 bit, but that does not mean its better to have a 32 bit system, for example if you run a 32 bit game in a 32 bit system, the game will only be able to use 2.(something) gb of ram since windows takes some for himself

while in a 64 bit system if you have say 8gb of ram installed the game can only use 4, no more. leaving you with a comfy ram cushion for multi tasking because, firefox is a bitch and uses 600mb of ram for 3 tabs

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

i jut have had problems in minecraft and stuff when trying to use java 64-bit

Uninstall any versions of Java that aren't 64-bit and Minecraft should install the right version on its own these days?

Sig under construction.

64bit OS are backwards compatible with 32bit software. Have been since 64bit OS came to mainstream. So it could be problem within Win10, regardless of version. You could try to run Minecraft in compability mode like force it to run in 32bit.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv