GPU Usage not stable...

If you set up the advanced cores like warmon6 showed you, you will get core17 WUs. the only problem is that there is still a lot of core16 WUs out there and every once in a while there's a day or two when you'll only get core16. at least that's how I see it, they always travel in packs :P

I have already done that, I guess it is just the luck of the draw...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

My GPU's run at 98% to 99%, because I have the slider at Full :)

If you set up the advanced cores like warmon6 showed you, you will get core17 WUs. the only problem is that there is still a lot of core16 WUs out there and every once in a while there's a day or two when you'll only get core16. at least that's how I see it, they always travel in packs :P

Finally got a Core17 WU, GPU 98%, I expect it will take about the same time as the others, the last one was around 2500 points and this one is at 6000 so I guess bigger is better.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Finally got a Core17 WU, GPU 98%, I expect it will take about the same time as the others, the last one was around 2500 points and this one is at 6000 so I guess bigger is better.

Glad everything worked out!  :)

Now everything else is on Stanford's end to keep giving you core 17 WU's. B)  

Glad everything worked out!  :)

Now everything else is on Stanford's end to keep giving you core 17 WU's. B)  

Yeah me too, I noticed it isn't putting much pressure on the CPU, Core16 made my usage about 50% all the time, and now it is around 20%

Yeah me too, I noticed it isn't putting much pressure on the CPU, Core16 made my usage about 50% all the time, and now it is around 20%

Yeah that was the other benefit of the Core 17 on AMD cards compared to the other cores of the past. Older AMD cores needed more cpu power than the equivalent Nvidia core of the time. 

But now that role has changed with this "universal" core. Now Nvidia needs more cpu power than Amd.

Although that's due to the way Nvidia forces OpenCL to interact with it's cards. There a setting in the with the software (not sure if it's the drivers or something else, been too long since I've looked into it) that currently forces OpenCL to keep a core in reserve even if it doesn't need it (In cuda, programmers could turn this ability off which is why there was not an issue with gpu hogging cpu resources on Nvidia cores.)

I do believe F@H has said Nvidia is working on that issue but there no ETA on it yet.

also disable ulps so that your gpu can run overclocked speeds while folding

(download msi afterburner 3 beta and go over settings its there)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

also disable ulps so that your gpu can run overclocked speeds while folding

(download msi afterburner 3 beta and go over settings its there)

I don't run any overclock other then the factory one, ( It was an OC edition ) Will that effect it ? 

Yeah that was the other benefit of the Core 17 on AMD cards compared to the other cores of the past. Older AMD cores needed more cpu power than the equivalent Nvidia core of the time. 

But now that role has changed with this "universal" core. Now Nvidia needs more cpu power than Amd.

Although that's due to the way Nvidia forces OpenCL to interact with it's cards. There a setting in the with the software (not sure if it's the drivers or something else, been too long since I've looked into it) that currently forces OpenCL to keep a core in reserve even if it doesn't need it (In cuda, programmers could turn this ability off which is why there was not an issue with gpu hogging cpu resources on Nvidia cores.)

I do believe F@H has said Nvidia is working on that issue but there no ETA on it yet.

Thanks for the info. I am kinda happy I got a Core17 WU, More points ! lol

I don't run any overclock other then the factory one, ( It was an OC edition ) Will that effect it ? 

Thanks for the info. I am kinda happy I got a Core17 WU, More points ! lol

try it ,maybe your gpu usage will be higher

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

try it ,maybe your gpu usage will be higher

Right now my GPU usage is it 98% ... I don't think I can get it higher then that.

Usage won't increase, but the cals per second your card can do will increase with overclocks. So, you can complete WU's quicker and get more PPD. Just be aware, OC'ing draws more power and creates more heat. Also, FAH is VERY picky when it comes to GPU OC's. Do a little bit and fold one or two WU before increasing more. If you find WU's start to fail, roll back your OC a bit.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Usage won't increase, but the cals per second your card can do will increase with overclocks. So, you can complete WU's quicker and get more PPD. Just be aware, OC'ing draws more power and creates more heat. Also, FAH is VERY picky when it comes to GPU OC's. Do a little bit and fold one or two WU before increasing more. If you find WU's start to fail, roll back your OC a bit.

I don't think I will, my card is factory overclocked so that is where I had left it, I have tried overclocking before but with my system it doesn't go over very well.