Star Wars Rebels

gAOFUy9.png

Have any of you guys watched the first season, and if so, been keeping up with the season 2 information? The Star Wars Celebration gave us more than just Star Wars Battlefront or Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailers and such, but also information regarding the tv series Star Wars Rebels. If you haven't seen the show yet and you are a fan of Star Wars I would recommend you watch it (not if you haven't seen The Clone Wars! Watch that first!). If you aren't a fan, well I  still recommend watching it. It does start a bit slow but it gets really good. Nowhere near TCW but I think it could get near it.

Anyways, some information on the show for those who have no clue what it is:

Set five years before Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope and fourteen years after the fall of the Galactic Republic and the Jedi Council in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, the series follows a motley group of rebels (all of whom have been affected by the Galactic Empire in one form or another) that band together aboard a freighter starship called the Ghost. Their small six person rebel cell conducts operations against the Imperial garrison on and around the backwater planet Lothal, as a microcosm of how the rebellion against the Empire is playing out at the local level. The series will also focus on the origins of some of the groups that will form the Rebel Alliance.

Sources of Information:

As for season 2, if anyone has watched and would like the information, this is what we have so far:

A poster:

rebels2.jpeg

And a trailer:

And yes...that is James Earl Jones playing Darth Vader!

No news on when the season will start, but given that the trailer is out it probably won't be very long at all. And they said we will have even more episodes than the first season. I'm hoping that means around TCW amount, because it was enough to build characters, stories and depth.

So...feel free to release your SW:R/TCW fanism here. I'd certainly like to see what everyone has to say about the show. i'm dying here from excitement, just placate me already.  :wub:

(Oh, there is a very, very slight chance we might see a young Leia in the show!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Wasn't Captain Rex part of the 501st (Vader's Fist)?  Shouldn't Rex be fighting for the Empire as a stormtrooper against the rebels after Order 66 was issued?

Forgive me if I am wrong as I have not watched any of the animated series past The Clone Wars season 3 or 4.

How do I go about getting a mod to move the thread? Do I report the initial post or something?

Wasn't Captain Rex part of the 501st (Vader's Fist)?  Shouldn't Rex be fighting for the Empire as a stormtrooper against the rebels after Order 66 was issued?

Forgive me if I am wrong as I have not watched any of the animated series past The Clone Wars season 3 or 4.

I would imagine this season will elaborate on why he isn't with them or rather what exactly happened, but I have a feeling that Ahsoka managed to remove the biochips implemented in Rex and the other clones. This would explain why but the show will probably hold the true answers.

Also I think after Order 66 was successfully issued the Empire dissolved their usage from their large forces. I would imagine having Clones capable of mind control and protocols like they had (one of which was to kill Palpatine) that they were deemed too risky to continue usage of, so probably no more clones were being made. At least not like before.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I was off and on with the clone wars version, a lot of it felt like useless filler. but this new Rebels was so well done. I was worried that it would be tuned to the child audience too much but  man did they push the child friendly envelope. I still can't believe that they went so far as to kill the 2 stooge imperial commanders on the show. and all the nods to the original trilogy in easter eggs or setting let alone bringing in Lando.

great show.

can't wait!

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Thanks for moving the topic for me mods! :)

I was off and on with the clone wars version, a lot of it felt like useless filler. but this new Rebels was so well done. I was worried that it would be tuned to the child audience too much but  man did they push the child friendly envelope. I still can't believe that they went so far as to kill the 2 stooge imperial commanders on the show. and all the nods to the original trilogy in easter eggs or setting let alone bringing in Lando.

great show.

I can understand that. A lot of the episodes, for example, concentrating on the droids or Padme felt a lot like filler but the episodes centered on the Clones felt like they tied in neatly. I can't remember any of those episodes that contained anything incredibly important so they could be skipped. I think the last two seasons were absolutely amazing, but you could just call me obsessed I guess...

I was worried about that too. I thought it was going to be very childish, with a lot of off scene deaths or battles, but I got a huge surprised around the fourth or fifth episode. I'm so glad I was wrong about Rebels.  :lol: 

I have watched virtually none of season 1, but S2 looks awesome, I'll be getting these!

I have watched virtually none of season 1, but S2 looks awesome, I'll be getting these!

I would definitely suggest watching at least some of S1 before tackling S2, or none of it will make any sense. :)

I know it's made for kids but I never got into the whole animated series because the animation style looks so weird imho. I don't like it. The story looks interesting though. hmm.. might check out if there is any summaries on youtube if I have time.

I know it's made for kids but I never got into the whole animated series because the animation style looks so weird imho. I don't like it. The story looks interesting though. hmm.. might check out if there is any summaries on youtube if I have time.

Not really made for kids. I would say it is made for anyone, really. And yea, they downgraded on the CGI but if it is anything like TCW it will improve but at the moment it isn't that bad.

You should definitely give it a shot. :)

• 1 month later...

Sooooooooooooooo!

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiered yesterday (The Siege of Lothal). Did anyone watch it? I thought it was pretty fantastic. I see this show becoming a worthy (not as good though) "replacement" to The Clone Wars. Still wish they'd stop with the quick, necessary movements (too many shoulder tosses, hand waving and general excessive body movements). The CGI needs to improve as well, still choppy and a little bland looking.

For any who watched, what did you think about it?

except for the a few obvious things that had to happen to move the story along it was perfection.

a childrens program that didn't skimp on the intimidation and fear that an imperial occupation that would bring to a planet. allusions to massacres happening off camera. it all felt like a believable star wars universe and not a cartoony toned down version.

the fight scene was spot on. the Power the intimidation the calculated movements the menacing dread were all reminicient of the films. Plinkett in red letter media reviews said the fights were a vehicle for the story and not about how many times I can kung fu wave a stick around and this was it.

the way the star fighters in space take damage and blow up was spot on and a perfect recreation of how we see it in the original trilogy.

if disney put in this much effort in a kids show I have ever more confidence of them handling adult movies going forward.

I was very disappointed in disney's acquisition of star wars but I'm fully confident now that this franchise is in good hands.

except for the a few obvious things that had to happen to move the story along it was perfection.

a childrens program that didn't skimp on the intimidation and fear that an imperial occupation that would bring to a planet. allusions to massacres happening off camera. it all felt like a believable star wars universe and not a cartoony toned down version.

the fight scene was spot on. the Power the intimidation the calculated movements the menacing dread were all reminicient of the films. Plinkett in red letter media reviews said the fights were a vehicle for the story and not about how many times I can kung fu wave a stick around and this was it.

the way the star fighters in space take damage and blow up was spot on and a perfect recreation of how we see it in the original trilogy.

if disney put in this much effort in a kids show I have ever more confidence of them handling adult movies going forward.

I was very disappointed in disney's acquisition of star wars but I'm fully confident now that this franchise is in good hands.

I couldn't agree more. I was afraid for S1 it would be too childish for a Star Wars media, that there would hardly be any fights, but boy was I wrong. And I'm glad for it. I'm still waiting for it to reach TCW level but I think it is getting there.

And

That part with Vader...oh boy! He was totally toying with Kenan and Kel, err, I mean Kanan and Ezra.

And I got a bad feeling from the vibe of Ahsoka-Anakin. I hope they don't have my Anakin kill her. T-T

I loooove Rebels.

Can't wait for next season, Ahsoka is back!  :o  :D

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

I loooove Rebels.

Can't wait for next season, Ahsoka is back!  :o  :D

The newest season has already started. :)

Yup. Greatest thing ever! :wub:

The newest season has already started. :)

Yup. Greatest thing ever! :wub:

Wait it already started?  :o

I don't watch TV soooo >.> TO THE INTERNET!

CPUAMD FX 8320 @4.4 GHz 1.212 vcore Motherboard - Asus M5A99X R2.0 RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB 1866 GPU - Asus Gtx 970 Case - Corsair Vengeance C70 Military Green Storage - 120 GB Samsung 840 Series, 1TB WD Black,  240 GB Corsair Force LX PSU - EVGA 750W G2 Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard Corsair K70  Mouse - Logitech G502

Wait it already started?  :o

I don't watch TV soooo >.> TO THE INTERNET!

Yes, last Saturday! :)

@Rooah

I was wrong! Siege of Lothal is actually a movie, not season two! haha I didn't expect them to release a movie...guess I should really start considering Rebels to follow closer to TCW than I initially thought.

@Albatross 

Oh cool. Yeah I just looked it up and apparently no new episodes until the fall. The movie is just there to hold us over I guess  :(