Case mod concept idea

Karen Lynn

So, I had an idea strike. I'm getting the RAIDMax Hybodus.

Its profile speaks to me...

HYBODUS%20(3).jpg

Like something from a nightmare...

2432714-threeronecdeadspace3.jpg

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

I got the chills man shit, haha.

Great idea!

Mobo: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P CPU: AMD FX 8350 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 8gb (2x4gb@1600Mhz) GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x (factory oc) PSU: Thermaltake SmartSE 730w Case: Corsair 200R

Blog thingy <----

Cool idea!  might be hard to pull off.  Do it!

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

-PICS-

That would look awesome, but a lot of work to get that effect. If you have an airbrush and use styrene sheets to build the layers and use some frost plexi its doable with a lot extra time on hand.

HYBODUS%20(3).jpg

2432714-threeronecdeadspace3.jpg

Seems like a good idea. Shouldn't be too difficult, if you can find a place to bend you the metal needed still a lot of work, though. Won't be cheap either

I'd cut the holes for the lighting effects in the front and put acrylic glass with a diffusor layer into them with some led's behind. Then I'd get some 2 or 3mm aluminium bent and glue it to the front. 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

That game, I only played like, ten minutes. The images overlaid themselves in my head this morning.

I have no idea where or how to start, though.

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

@ I finally got the case's idea. :3

The others: Thanks for the tips.

Frost plexi? Diffuser layer?

I still like AMD more.

That game, I only played like, ten minutes. The images overlaid themselves in my head this morning.

I have no idea where or how to start, though.

First, I wouldn't do it, if it was your only case. You also have to keep in mind that this can get expensive. You'll need at least a dremel of some sort.

I guess it will be around 70$ in material cost (not including tools) and a lot of hours of work. If you never did a mod before, you should get some practice with a dremel on some scrap material. The first thing I'd do would be to call some metal working places if they can bend you 2mm aluminium sheets to the angle of the case front.

Frost plexi should be the easiest to get. 

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

I have experience with a dremel. Used to mod figures for mage knight when I was younger.

The mods would start once I had a spare case. Time is an expectation. Cost is a downer, but if I do the whole thing to look good... Inconsequential.

The most important thing is that I would learn a ton.

I still like AMD more.

That's an awesome idea.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

@ I finally got the case's idea. :3

The others: Thanks for the tips.

Haha, good job. That's a really nice case to.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400