GTA V FPS problems | GTX 970

I purchased GTA yesterday but I have been having performance problems dropping to as low as 40 fps with spikes of lag.

My friend is running a 660ti maxed out always above 60 and I'm left puzzled haha

Any input would be great <3

Specs:

i5 3570k

MSI geforce gtx 970 (Highly overclocked)

8GB DDR3 ram

p8z77-v lx  

EDIT:

Asked other friend and hes running a 770 maxed out 60+ fps at all times O.o

What resolution are you running, and what does your vram usage look like?

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Geforce Experience>optimize> adjust as needed?

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I purchased GTA yesterday but I have been having performance problems dropping to as low as 40 fps with spikes of lag.

My friend is running a 660ti maxed out always above 60 and I'm left puzzled haha

Are you maxing it out entirely?

Try disabling the options in the advanced graphics tab, everybody who's done an overview of the graphics options has said that the options add very little to the visual fidelity of the game while also being extremely taxing.

ONrRZ4J.png

Also try turning MSAA down to 2x, due to the large map you're applying AA to more objects and it becomes much more taxing.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I'm running the optimized settings for gta (From geforce experience)

(In 1080p)

Are you maxing it out entirely?

Try disabling the options in the advanced graphics tab, everybody who's done an overview of the graphics options has said that the options add very little to the visual fidelity of the game while also being extremely taxing.

Also try turning MSAA down to 2x, due to the large map you're applying AA to more objects and it becomes much more taxing.

Thanks will try.

Still open for input in the meantime. <3

a 770 will not run the game maxed out at 60 fps, i can tell you this because i own one. My advice is to turn down things like shadows and draw distance as they eat up allot of vram.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I'm running the optimized settings for gta (From geforce experience)

(In 1080p)

I second turning off advanced graphics settings, you don't have the horsepower to run them, and it'll eat vram like mad.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

How often does your frame rate drop? I have similar specs (your 970 is slightly better than my 780) and although I drop occasionally to around 50 when driving in the city I average 65-70. I have most settings at very high with msaax2 and all of the advanced graphic options turned off. The game is quite CPU intensive as well, so make sure you don't have anything crazy running in the background.

How often does your frame rate drop? I have similar specs (your 970 is slightly better than my 780) and although I drop occasionally to around 50 when driving in the city I average 65-70. I have most settings at very high with msaax2 and all of the advanced graphic options turned off. The game is quite CPU intensive as well, so make sure you don't have anything crazy running in the background.

what about the extra rendering things?