NZXT S340

dmtben

I'm planning on doing my first PC build soon and using the NZXT S340 case. Has anyone used this case beforehand and if so was it easy to build in? Please include any difficulties you found when building in it. Would it be suitable for a first time builder such as myself?

I owned one, it was very easy to work with. Its super easy to cable manage and make it look clean because of the basement. should be a cakewalk really. 

I highly recommend it, just remember it doesnt have a cd drive though. 

I owned one, it was very easy to work with. Its super easy to cable manage and make it look clean because of the basement. should be a cakewalk really.

I highly recommend it, just remember it doesnt have a cd drive though.

I plan on getting a USB 3.0 CD drive anyway, so I'm not fussed about the lack of a 5.25 inch bay

It's a breeze to work in and difficult to mess up when it comes to cable management. It's great for a first time builder.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's a breeze to work in and difficult to mess up when it comes to cable management. It's great for a first time builder.

Can you give me some tips on where to route each cable? I am quite worried about how I'm going to manage the cables in my PC...

Can you give me some tips on where to route each cable? I am quite worried about how I'm going to manage the cables in my PC...

its very quite easy. just do cables last, and you will see instantly right where they should go. and at the time, we can help. usually its just the though the hole closest to the component. 

its very quite easy. just do cables last, and you will see instantly right where they should go. and at the time, we can help. usually its just the though the hole closest to the component.

Okay, thankyou, that makes sense:)

These might help: 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Incredibly easy to work with, so its great for a first time build. I really like mine.

i7-5820k @ 4.6ghz w/ H100i || Asus Sabertooth x99 || Gigabyte 980ti G1 ||  EVGA 980ti SC || 32gb DDR4 2666mhz Gskil || 1tb WD Black HDD || Samsung XP941 256gb M.2 PCIe || EVGA 1300w G2 || Corsair 540 w/ Silverstone Sound Dampening Foam || Logisys RGB Led  || Corsair M65 Mouse  & Corsair RGB k70 || A lot of Corsair SP120s

I am about to buy one of these but I haven't been able to find info on if the top fan mount could support a 140 mm radiator and single fan. Anyone know this?

I am about to buy one of these but I haven't been able to find info on if the top fan mount could support a 140 mm radiator and single fan. Anyone know this?

It probably wouldn't fit due to the motherboard and ram being in the way.

It probably wouldn't fit due to the motherboard and ram being in the way.

Do you think it would be possible to mod the top to move the mount slightly towards the left side?

Do you think it would be possible to mod the top to move the mount slightly towards the left side?

It's definitely able to be modded but I'm not sure if that would fix the issue.

I'm planning on doing my first PC build soon and using the NZXT S340 case. Has anyone used this case beforehand and if so was it easy to build in? Please include any difficulties you found when building in it. Would it be suitable for a first time builder such as myself?

I have my current build in one, as a first time builder it was INCREDIBLY easy to build in. Would highly recommend one but it is a dust magnet :P

I have my current build in one, as a first time builder it was INCREDIBLY easy to build in. Would highly recommend one but it is a dust magnet :P

How is it a dust magnet? Perhaps you just have a dusty room.