AntiVirus Expiry

Xeldin
Go to solution Solved by Shaqo_Wyn,

Hi,

I've been looking around and apprarently no one have ever ask this question.

If i purchase a license for 3 pcs, will the expriration date start the same for all three (when the first person installed the AV), or do they start seperately?

Thanks in advance

The license date starts with activation of the antivirus on the first PC. From there on the expiration date is the same on each of the 3 PC's.

For example: say you get a year of Norton for 3 PC's and you install it on one PC. Two months later you install it on a second PC.

The 2nd PC will have an active subscription for 1 year - the 2 months or 365 days minus the ~61 days you took before installing it on that PC.

Hi,

If i purchase a license for 3 pcs, will the expriration date start the same for all three (when the first person installed the AV), or do they start seperately?

Thanks in advance

they normally start when the licence is purchased

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

why would you even buy a AV license? just use Windows Defender :L

Hi,

Thanks in advance

The license date starts with activation of the antivirus on the first PC. From there on the expiration date is the same on each of the 3 PC's.

For example: say you get a year of Norton for 3 PC's and you install it on one PC. Two months later you install it on a second PC.

The 2nd PC will have an active subscription for 1 year - the 2 months or 365 days minus the ~61 days you took before installing it on that PC.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

why would you even buy a AV license? just use Windows Defender :L

windows defender/MSE's detection rates are bad and there are too many FPs

bregsit

Spoiler

PC specs: i7 4770s, Zotac GTX 1070 Mini, 16GB DDR3L 1600MHz (2x8GB, cheap Crucial RAM), Crucial BX500 480GB , 2x WD Blue 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, Windows 7

Laptop Specs: i5 5350U, Intel HD something, 8GB (probably DDR3 idk), 128GB Samsung(?) SSD, MacOS whatever the newest one is

ok, got it.

Thanks for all the help =P

windows defender/MSE's detection rates are bad and there are too many FPs

last time i checked it was pretty good

last time i checked it was pretty good

its average

bregsit

Spoiler

its average

Generally how often do you get a virus thou?

Currently, looking at bitdefender.

One question though, there's a windows 8 edition for the AV, does that mean that if i'm using windows 8, total security and internet security are off limits for me?

thanks again