How can I get back to Windows 8 without disk?

MunsonedForLife

So I upgraded to Windows 8 when it came out and upgraded via the online tool. I want to reformat my main drive and only have a Windows 7 disk. How can I get back to Windows 8 now? Is there a way? If you need more information please let me know. Thanks ahead of time!

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

Download an ISO and burn it to a disc. Make sure you have a copy of your key. Call Microsoft when it comes to activating and explain the situation. They should provide you with a activation key to accompany your product key. When you go to activate click activate by phone.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Newbie question...where and how can I get an ISO to download and burn?

AMD Radeon R9 290X / AMD FX-8320 / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / Samsung 830 128GB / Seagate 7200RPM 3TB / Corsair HX 850W / BitFenix Shinobi XL / CPU & GPU Watercooled - Thick Triple 360 Rad

I upgraded via the online tool, so I didn't have a disk or usb flash drive that was used for the upgrade. Does that make sense? Was I suppose to get some back after upgrading?

I am hoping you have a cd key correct

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️🖥️

I do have the cd key...printed out the receipt after purchasing the upgrade from Microsoft.

Why exactly do you feel the need to reformat?

If you want a fresh start with Windows 8...you can use the 'Refresh' option under: Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > General. It will uninstall any "desktop" applications (make sure you have any license info for 3rd party stuff), and put everything to default Win8 settings. It will leave your account and files alone though. Had to do in on my custom rig soon after upgrading as I had just poked at Win7 too much for Win8 to handle.

Or...you can reset everything to as if you had just installed a clean copy via the "reinstall" option.

"Practice static safety, hack naked." - Mega Tokyo

i7-3770K, 16GB, Samsung 840PRO, R9-290X, Corsair 650D

Why exactly do you feel the need to reformat? If you want a fresh start with Windows 8...you can use the 'Refresh' option under: Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC Settings > General. It will uninstall any "desktop" applications (make sure you have any license info for 3rd party stuff)' date=' and put everything to default Win8 settings. It will leave your account and files alone though. Had to do in on my custom rig soon after upgrading as I had just poked at Win7 too much for Win8 to handle. Or...you can reset everything to as if you had just installed a clean copy via the "reinstall" option. [/quote']

Thanks for the info...I am just looking to have a "fresh start" I will check this option out and see if that'll work. Will be basically delete everything off of the OS main drive except the OS itself?

I see the option for "Remove everything and reinstall Windows" Is this what I'm looking for?