Is LTT going to outgrow youtube?

digitalksf

It feels like what is happening lately is...well to me anyway beyond the scale of just a youtube channel. I could be crazy of course I could. But things happening like Intel giving TWO high performance high core processors ,along with kingston throwing in 25 960 gig Solid State drives,and a new office. Look I am not claiming to know anything at all because I don't. I just know how I am perceiving these events.What do you guys think,do you think we could be seeing linus and crew with a dedicated site  and their  own thing anytime soon? I think it might happen,but of course don't actually know anything,what do you guys think..

It feels like what is happening lately is...well to me anyway beyond the scale of just a youtube channel. I could be crazy of course I could. But things happening like Intel giving TWO high performance high core processors ,along with kingston throwing in 25 960 gig Solid State drives,and a new office. Look I am not claiming to know anything at all because I don't. I just know how I am perceiving these events.What do you guys think,do you think we could be seeing linus and crew with a dedicated site  and their  own thing anytime soon? I think it might happen,but of course don't actually know anything,what do you guys think..

Well companys realise the power Linus has so they throw money at him, in the end its cheaper for them to send linus some SSDs instead of making comercials

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Well companys realise the power Linus has so they throw money at him, in the end its cheaper for them to send linus some SSDs instead of making comercials

well that is exactly my point,think of the position Linus and crew and are in. They have power,and don't you think that companies might be going "you know linus,if we could a little more direct advertising we could give you quite a bit more money" And honestly I don't mind the advertising on LTT at all,I get it, I am fine with the sort of unspoken 'agreement' that we as viewers have with linus.. so doesn't that make sense to you? it does to me at least.

well that is exactly my point,think of the position Linus and crew and are in. They have power,and don't you think that companies might be going "you know linus,if we could a little more direct advertising we could give you quite a bit more money" And honestly I don't mind the advertising on LTT at all,I get it, I am fine with the sort of unspoken 'agreement' that we as viewers have with linus.. so doesn't that make sense to you? it does to me at least.

Thats the reason that you should only get information from Linus, never ever ever ever ever get opinions from someone who does things for a living

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Thats the reason that you should only get information from Linus, never ever ever ever ever get opinions from someone who does things for a living

Linus does what he does for a living,think about that if you will.

Intel giving TWO high performance high core processors ,along with kingston throwing in 25 960 gig Solid State drives

Which vids are you referring to here?

Which vids are you referring to here?

I think its from instagram

Linus does what he does for a living,think about that if you will.

He does yes but he prides himself on the fact that he is unbiased and will say something is utter crap if it is and not care about the ramifications.  

To be quite honest I can actually see TV channels paying Linus for the use and distribution of some of his (and the LTT teams!) episodes, such as with the second hand component build off thing. Would make great TV in my opinion on some channels. 

I could also see him being invited as a tech host on some techy TV programs (Canadian program equivalents of Gadget Show here in the UK).

Biomedical Science undergraduate living in Oxford
-.-
PC specs: http://goo.gl/wiRFSi

He does yes but he prides himself on the fact that he is unbiased and will say something is utter crap if it is and not care about the ramifications.  

exactly and what I was referring to "more direct advertising" is that perhaps without the restrictions youtube puts on advertising the companies could afford to give linus more money and the way things work as far as the way reviews work wouldn't but the advertising would..Such as direct rotated side banners on the site,like google ads but without the randomness.

To be quite honest I can actually see TV channels paying Linus for the use and distribution of some of his (and the LTT teams!) episodes, such as with the second hand component build off thing. Would make great TV in my opinion on some channels. 

I could also see him being invited as a tech host on some techy TV programs (Canadian program equivalents of Gadget Show here in the UK).

This as well,linus is incredibly valuable in the tech world. 

exactly and what I was referring to "more direct advertising" is that perhaps without the restrictions youtube puts on advertising the companies could afford to give linus more money and the way things work as far as the way reviews work wouldn't but the advertising would..Such as direct rotated side banners on the site,like google ads but without the randomness.

What you are touching on here is what he has done with Vessel and the main reason being the youtube restrictions.

What you are touching on here is what he has done with Vessel and the main reason being the youtube restrictions.

but let me just throw this out there.He still has to deal with the fact that vessel is for now...very niche and honestly the type of exposure that a dedicated portal could bring,would be much greater. One where without any barrier to entry you immediately have access to all of his videos in one place and without youtube style restrictions on advertising,and that wouldn't be vessel,not in it's current form ..at all which is why I think that a dedicated site may be coming as well..

I think the largest thing that'd stop LMG from moving to their own distribtuon platform is the bandwidth requirements. They have the production value to become something bigger than a YouTube channel.

I think the largest thing that'd stop LMG from moving to their own distribtuon platform is the bandwidth requirements. They have the production value to become something bigger than a YouTube channel.

Sums up my thoughts ^

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

yah sure, i have my own lomax tech tips comunity