[Final Poll] Galaxy S6 vs HTC One M9

LaboonTheWhale

Hey all. 

I'm looking to get a new phone tomorrow and I'm stuck between the Galaxy S6 and the HTC One M9. 

Galaxy S6 has a higher res screen and a better camera but lacks expandable memory. The M9 on the other hand does have expandable memory but has a pretty bad camera according to many reviewers but seems to have better customizable themes. 

From what you guys have heard, What are your opinions? 

Maybe look for other options? Z3 or something? I mean if you really can't decide...

haha M9 is seriously a joke compared to the S6 and it's really weird to say that...

Maybe look for other options? Z3 or something? I mean if you really can't decide...

I just like getting people's opinions on things like this since im not the most knowledgable with mobile devices. 

I just like getting people's opinions on things like this since im not the most knowledgable with mobile devices.

Tbh we do know about it but both devices are really terrible..... 1440p screen with 2500mah battery ? Who the fuck does that Samsung?

Bad camera third time in a row and a retarded gold trim? HTC engineers were high.

So yeah... :/

S6 is the safer bet I guess, but still no matter how efficient the CPU.... That screen with it man.... Not cool.

Galaxy S6 has a higher res screen and a better camera but lacks expandable memory. The M9 on the other hand does have expandable memory but has a pretty bad camera according to many reviewers but seems to have better customizable themes. 

M9 camera isn't bad, the big thing is the auto exposure not getting it right some times, which I personally tried and I do admit is annoying at times. Aside from that it's still a great phone. If you do a lot of media consumption, listen to music, and/or have good quality headphones that you'd like to use with your phone, then get the M9.

The S6 is a good choice, but it's noticeably more expensive then an M9+MicroSD card to get a higher storage capacity model if you need the extra storage. IMO not worth it.

"Rawr XD"

Tbh we do know about it but both devices are really terrible..... 1440p screen with 2500mah battery ? Who the fuck does that Samsung?

Bad camera third time in a row and a retarded gold trim? HTC engineers were high.

So yeah... :/

S6 is the safer bet I guess, but still no matter how efficient the CPU.... That screen with it man.... Not cool.

Since I'm pretty ignorant in this market, is there a different phone you would recommend? I'm a moderate phone user with music, social media and the obvious phone calls and texting. 

M9 camera isn't bad, the big thing is the auto exposure not getting it right some times, which I personally tried and I do admit is annoying at times. Aside from that it's still a great phone. If you do a lot of media consumption, listen to music, and/or have good quality headphones that you'd like to use with your phone, then get the M9.

The S6 is a good choice, but it's noticeably more expensive then an M9+MicroSD card to get a higher storage capacity model if you need the extra storage. IMO not worth it.

Is there any potential fix to this issue with the auto exposure? I do listen to music often and have spent too much money on headphones and ear buds :P 

Since I'm pretty ignorant in this market, is there a different phone you would recommend? I'm a moderate phone user with music, social media and the obvious phone calls and texting.

Is there any potential fix to this issue with the auto exposure? I do listen to music often and have spent too much money on headphones and ear buds :P

I would go OnePlusOne maybe or wait for some new phones.

What other options are available to you? Are you buying from a specific carrier?

I haven't looked in to it. My "fix" for it is just tap it again, the auto exposure pretty much always works properly on the 2nd or 3rd tap-to-focus attempt. If you have good quality headphones and earbuds the M9 definitely will be of benefit if the sound quality difference is as it was with M8 vs S5.

"Rawr XD"

What other options are available to you? Are you buying from a specific carrier?

I haven't looked in to it. My "fix" for it is just tap it again, the auto exposure pretty much always works properly on the 2nd or 3rd tap-to-focus attempt. If you have good quality headphones and earbuds the M9 definitely will be of benefit if the sound quality difference is as it was with M8 vs S5.

Due to my family plan I am stuck with Verizon Wireless. 

So with your "fix" it makes the camera work well? seems like a hassle to have to keep tapping and refocusing the camera. 

I would go OnePlusOne maybe or wait for some new phones.

My phone is basically useless now so I was hoping to be able to get a new phone ASAP 

So with your "fix" it makes the camera work well? seems like a hassle to have to keep tapping and refocusing the camera. 

My phone is basically useless now so I was hoping to be able to get a new phone ASAP

I really don't know what you should choose between those 2. I dislike them both.

When In doubt I go HTC. But that's me and being a fanboy.

Droid Turbooooo

Works decently well. Not a DSLR obviously but definitely takes very nice pictures once you get it right. It only takes 2-3 taps, and it doesn't happen every single time. 95% of the pictures I take are perfectly fine on the first go. Then again, I don't take that many pictures, so it'd depend how much you actually use the camera.

"Rawr XD"

Droid Turbooooo

Other than battery life, what does this phone have over the other options? I believe it doesnt support lollipop yet either. 

Other than battery life, what does this phone have over the other options? I believe it doesnt support lollipop yet either. 

It's just cool cause it's "rare" (no other carriers have it) :P

If you seriously want functional though then M9. Once you use those speakers you never want to go back to anything mono.

"Rawr XD"

There's no reason to get the M9 at all. The S6 is also the best Android phone that money can buy period. Read Anandtech's review for the reasons why but in short, it's just as good as the iPhone 6 in some areas and better in other areas. 

In the past year, all of the Android flagships seemed to be missing some critical component to make them well-rounded. This year, Samsung is the first to get everything right. Given the direction of the smartphone market, I suspect that this consistency will determine who ends up on top in this highly competitive and saturated market. If the Galaxy S6 represents the direction that Samsung wants to take, it isn’t hard to see that they might succeed.

Edit: Battery life is also just as good as other phones despite the 1440p screen. It can do up to 10 hours of screen on time with constant usage.

73786.png

Or wait for the G4

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8