Windows 8.1 question

IMadeYouReadThis
Go to solution Solved by cox1000,

I am a gamer, and I am also very stupid. I installed linux and deleted windows 7. Now I will install windows 8.1 instead of Linux. What is better Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (For gaming.)

Windows 8 will have slightly better performance, however if you already have a Win7 licence, I would wait until you get your free upgrade to windows 10 later this year. Also, windows 8 is a pain to use in my opinion and I would gladly sacrifice slight performance improvements for a nicer interface. But this is just my opinion.

I am a gamer, and I am also very stupid. I installed linux and deleted windows 7. Now I will install windows 8.1 instead of Linux. What is better Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 (For gaming.)

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

Windows 8 will have slightly better performance, however if you already have a Win7 licence, I would wait until you get your free upgrade to windows 10 later this year. Also, windows 8 is a pain to use in my opinion and I would gladly sacrifice slight performance improvements for a nicer interface. But this is just my opinion.

Disclaimer : I might be wrong.

Windows 8 will have slightly better performance, however if you already have a Win7 licence, I would wait until you get your free upgrade to windows 10 later this year.

No license, idk even where it is.

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

Windows 8 IMO

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No license, idk even where it is.

Without a licence key (registration code thingy) how will you install windows? Are you planning to buy another licence, or have you lost your windows 7 code. 

Am I the only one who likes windows 8's start menu?

<p>

Without a licence key (registration code thingy) how will you install windows? Are you planning to buy another licence, or have you lost your windows 7 code. 

Buying windows 8.1 disc

<p>

#Win7masterrace

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Buying windows 8.1 disc

Okay, just make sure that you are okay with the different interface.

Okay, just make sure that you are okay with the different interface.

My old man has windows 8.1 for his business. So I get to check it out sometimes. I really like it.

IM the only one that likes its interface:(

<p>

My old man has windows 8.1 for his business. So I get to check it out sometimes. I really like it.

Okay, well then you may as well buy it. And remember in the first year after the release of windows 10 you are eligible for a free upgrade.

Okay, well then you may as well buy it. And remember in the first year after the release of windows 10 you are eligible for a free upgrade.

Man, I am excited! WAIT. How do I delete linux after I get windows? I am worried that the linux partiton might still be active and I need to do something manually:(

<p>

Please answer m8!:(

<p>

Man, I am excited! WAIT. How do I delete linux after I get windows? I am worried that the linux partiton might still be active and I need to do something manually:(

Just tell to the Windows installer to format the disk before installing the OS, or tell it to install Win over an already existing system if he asks so.

Just tell to the Windows installer to format the disk before installing the OS, or tell it to install Win over an already existing system if he asks so.

He?

<p>

You should be able to completely format the drive during the windows installation. 

You should be able to completely format the drive during the windows installation. 

Thank you both.

<p>