Possible negative air pressue? Suggestions?

1Scotty1

Greetings, friends

I have a few questions. Currently my fans in the H440 are set up like this - 3x 120mm intake fans at front, 1x 140 exhaust fan in the rear and 2x 140mm exhaust at the top through the Kraken X61.

And I will be changing it a bit once my two Aerocool DS fans arrive to this - 2x 140mm intakes at front through the Kraken X61, 2x 140mm exhaust at the top (the Aerocool ones), 1x 140mm as exhaust in the rear.

BUT... I think that will create negative air pressure inside the case :( Is there any way to set it up as positive air pressure? Any suggestions?

Many thanks, cheers

That's okay. Just turn your intake fans to high speed and the exhaust to low speed. You should be good. Test it with a piece of paper.

No matter what your configuration is as long as the intakes are running faster than the exhausts you should be able achieve positive pressure. The trick is trying to make it quiet.

That's okay. Just turn your intake fans to high speed and the exhaust to low speed. You should be good. Test it with a piece of paper.

No matter what your configuration is as long as the intakes are running faster than the exhausts you should be able achieve positive pressure. The trick is trying to make it quiet.

The thing is, that the intakes will be the Kraken X61 fans through a rad, and they are temp-regulated :(

You could take away you exaust fan, and leave that to the rad. Let the rad fans do thir thing. A set the aerocool fans to 1500rpm (the highest), they are very queit at 23.4 dBa. 

If you dont want to take out the back exaust fan, you can just set it to 500rpm or something lower. 

Why not leave the rad in the top of the case?

To me it just seems easier because you can have the fans in a pull config to make dealing with dust easier. I guess you may be able to do a pull config with the rad in front (not sure if it fits in yur case like that) but this way when you clean the dust you'll have to blow it into the case. also I think dealing with fan speeds will be easier with the top mounted rad.

You could take away you exaust fan, and leave that to the rad. Let the rad fans do thir thing. A set the aerocool fans to 1500rpm (the highest), they are very queit at 23.4 dBa. 

If you dont want to take out the back exaust fan, you can just set it to 500rpm or something low

This is with the rad in the top and two 140mm fans in the front, by the way.

Why not leave the rad in the top of the case?

To me it just seems easier because you can have the fans in a pull config to make dealing with dust easier. I guess you may be able to do a pull config with the rad in front (not sure if it fits in yur case like that) but this way when you clean the dust you'll have to blow it into the case. also I think dealing with fan speeds will be easier with the top mounted rad.

Maybe I will leave it as it is now and cancel the order on the Aerocool fans...

This is with the rad in the top and two 140mm fans in the front, by the way.

I wanted the Aerocools on top for looks, but I will cancel the order and leave it as it is and be done with it

Hey there nothing wrong with making you pc look cool. Even if it's not perfectly optimized, as long as your having fun who cares! :-)

I think you can still have the aerocools on top. Just try to keep them at low rpm.

Hey there nothing wrong with making you pc look cool. Even if it's not perfectly optimized, as long as your having fun who cares! :-)

I think you can still have the aerocools on top. Just try to keep them at low rpm.

That's the thing, it already looks cool (pun intended) :D I will keep it as it is right now and be happy with it :) Thanks for the help

I agree with this guy, maybe one on the top and one at the back. 

I just checked out you build. It looks amazing!!!!!

I would suggest having 3 120mm intake in the front, two 140mm in the top as exhaust, and a 140mm in the back as INTAKE, (possibly with a magnetic fan filter if you want to.

OR having 2 140mm in the front instead of 3 120mm in the front, sorry, I didn't read your question properly.

Recapping: turn your rear fan into an intake, and possibly add a magnetic fan filter.

If I've said something wrong, please correct me

My Builds:

Peripherals: 
Keyboard: Roccat TKL Pro Cherry MX blue, Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD, Headset: Currently apple earbuds, planning to upgrade to hyperx cloud or hyperx cloud 2 
Really Old Desktop 
 Processor: Intel Core i7 920, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-FX58-DS4, RAM: 9GB Corsair XM3 (3*3GB in triple channel) 600 or 800mhz, Graphics Card: Asus 8400GS passive, Asus GT630 4GB if i can get it working, Case: Cheapo Throwout case with most of the standoffs missing, HDD: Some old 80GB hard drive, PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 550w, Monitor: 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 13 
 Laptop Which I Use For Everything: 
Processor: Intel Core i5 3337U, RAM: 8GB (2*4GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Nvidia 710m HDD/SSD: WD Black2 Dual Drive, OS: Windows 8.1 
 40 GB/s Network Tester
Processor: Some really good Intel Core i3, Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3, Ram: Corsair Value Select 4GB (2*2GB) 1600MHZ, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: Some 1U rackmount mini-itx case with no front bays, HDD: Seagate Momentus 5400, 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 40Gb/s QSFP+ PCIe 3.0 8x NIC, Monitor: any ones lying around, or 32" Kogan TV, OS: CentOS 6.2 (I Think)
Planned 100Gb/s Newtork Tester
Processor: Intel Core i7 4790k, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Impact, Ram: Kingston or G.Skill 8GB 2400MHZ Low Profile, Graphics Card: Integrated, Case: 1U Rackmount ITX case, HDD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB, PSU: Enchance 250W 80+ Bronze 1U power supply, CPU cooler: Cooljag double ball bearing 1U cooler (70DB! 70DB!), NIC: Mellanox 100Gb/s PCIe 3.0 16x NIC, Monitor: Any lying around or 32" Kogan TV, OS: Fedora 22 or CentOS

So the 2 intake fans are radiator fans that are regulated on their own ...

Why not go for both positive and negative?

You'll need speedfan and 2 motherboard headers. Put the rear fan on one header and give that a normal fan profile. Put the two top fans on the other header and give them a fan profile that leaves them OFF until the CPU temperature reaches a certain treshold, where it kicks in at whatever percentage you choose.

That way you have silence and positive pressure when not doing CPU-intensive stuff. When gaming or benching you'll have negative pressure (which is said to be good for temps).

FYI my own PC has dual 120mm intakes and a 140mm exhaust ... until my CPU reaches 50°C, at which point it suddenly has 5x 120mm intake and 3x 140mm exhaust.