Logitech g402 vs g602 vs other?

Tacitus

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new mouse, I currently use a fairly standard Microsoft wireless mouse, but the two aforementioned mice both look very good.

I like the lack of clutter from the wireless mouse, and don't need lightning fast response as I don't do competitive gaming (just some RTS, RPG etc). I also like the idea of macrokeys on my mouse, but I'm right in thinking I could bind them to word-doc related things like copy/cut/paste/add footnote (ctrl+alt+F)?

So really I'm looking for a functional, well-priced, ergonomic and well-built product, any comments on which is best, or any other options?

I can get the g602 for £40

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new mouse, I currently use a fairly standard Microsoft wireless mouse, but the two aforementioned mice both look very good.

I like the lack of clutter from the wireless mouse, and don't need lightning fast response as I don't do competitive gaming (just some RTS, RPG etc). I also like the idea of macrokeys on my mouse, but I'm right in thinking I could bind them to word-doc related things like copy/cut/paste/add footnote (ctrl+alt+F)?

So really I'm looking for a functional, well-priced, ergonomic and well-built product, any comments on which is best, or any other options?

I can get the g602 for £40

Have you thought of a g502? They're great mice, really ergonomic.

With your thumb alone, there are 3 buttons avaible to press, then there are 2 more to press wioth your pointing fingerr (sorry im not native english, i dont know the word for it in english xD)

The g402 has the exact same button layout as the g502 though, but its a bit less comfortable and comes with less premium features (like changing the weight)

The g602 has 8 buttons to press. 6 of them with the side of your thumb, so it looks like more of an MMO mouse to me. It's also wireless

Have you thought of a g502? They're great mice, really ergonomic.

With your thumb alone, there are 3 buttons avaible to press, then there are 2 more to press wioth your pointing fingerr (sorry im not native english, i dont know the word for it in english xD)

The g402 has the exact same button layout as the g502 though, but its a bit less comfortable and comes with less premium features (like changing the weight)

The g602 has 8 buttons to press. 6 of them with the side of your thumb, so it looks like more of an MMO mouse to me. It's also wireless

Very interesting, the layout of the G502 looks slightly better, but on the side where your thumb is there's a large button which looks like an O with a dot in the middle and some lines going into it (see the third picture here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IGS9LU8/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=) what is that? Is it just a macrokey which isn't called G1, G2 etc?

Very interesting, the layout of the G502 looks slightly better, but on the side where your thumb is there's a large button which looks like an O with a dot in the middle and some lines going into it (see the third picture here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00IGS9LU8/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=) what is that? Is it just a macrokey which isn't called G1, G2 etc?

You can change that binding yes. In the default settings, it lowers your dpi temporarily while its clicked (The Sniper Button like i want to call it). Alot of people (Including me) have disabled it though

You can change that binding yes. In the default settings, it lowers your dpi temporarily while its clicked (The Sniper Button like i want to call it). Alot of people (Including me) have disabled it though

Thanks a lot! I've ordered a G502 so that's that sorted :)

That key turns the mouse wheel super scroll on/off.  With it on the scroll wheel is free flow with no resistance at all, like a ball bearing.  With it off it acts like a normal mouse wheel with tactile feedback every "click" you scroll.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

That key turns the mouse wheel super scroll on/off.  With it on the scroll wheel is free flow with no resistance at all, like a ball bearing.  With it off it acts like a normal mouse wheel with tactile feedback every "click" you scroll.

He meant on the side one