GTA V Install Problems

Muffinator

I downloaded GTA V on my laptop with no intention of playing it on there. I just had access to faster internet and it was more convenient for me to download it that way. When it finished I copied the folder from Steamapp/common/ and into the one on my desktop. Opened steam, and clicked install and it started downloading it again. It didn't even recognize that I had the folder there. Now, I never did try to open it on my laptop so I tried that. It did do some install stuff and the size of the steamapps/common/GTAV rose from 60.3gbs to about 70.

In an ingenious stroke of bad luck, I somehow accidentally deleted the file on my laptop permanently as I was trying to move it to my external hard drive. I still have no clue how in the hell I managed to do it but I did. My question is, how can I fix this without redownloading the entire thing again.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

So are you trying to put it back on the laptop or get it working on the desktop?

Get it working on the desktop

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |