Gateway troubles

Roy

I have a Gateway DX4831-07C Desktop

I can run old games like Grand Theft Auto IV  Windows 7 but  i recently purchased Grand Theft Auto V and it will not run.  Nor will it run Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Test Drive Unlimited 2 won't allow me to drive forward but only in reverse :/

The computer has an i5-750 @ 2.67 Ghz Lynnfield processor with 8GB of Ram

an Nvidia 750Ti GPU

South Bridge H57

motherboard : H57M01 Intel

Bios AMI  P01-A0  date 17/11/2009

I was considering updating the bios to see if it would help but everything is recognized and have read in a few forums that the 2012 version and once done their windows OS will not load unless in Safe mode among other difficulties.

I have updated everything i can think of but not the BIOS anyone have any advice

Thanks in advance

This is why it is not a good idea to game on a laptop

10/10 very helpful

Comic sans is best font

-me to my graphic design teacher 6 seconds before i got kicked out of the class

10/10 very helpful

I try mi bestest m8

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I try mi bestest m8

xD

Comic sans is best font

-me to my graphic design teacher 6 seconds before i got kicked out of the class

What OS does it run? (It will only work with Windows Visa, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 (64 bit versions only)

Windows 7 64

32 or 64?

windows 7 64*

grand theft auto V it sits on the social network loading screen and sits there Loading... for over 9 hours and nothing at all just Loading away as an example

windows 7 64*

grand theft auto V it sits on the social network loading screen and sits there Loading... for over 9 hours and nothing at all just Loading away as an example

Forewarning - This is a long post. I could TL;DR it but meh that defeats the rest. By the way, reading is good... So is typing/writing.  :P

It's possible that it's a combination of improper optimization for the generation of your CPU and GPU. I wouldn't bother playing that game with an older system. I suppose if you can update your bios, try that (provided you can easily go back to the old version if an issue arises.) Frankly your PC seems to sit in that spot between minimum and recommended that it's sort of like being between a rock and a hard place. Because to some extreme you're past the minimum requirements yet you're not quite at or over the recommended specs. So really yeah. I guess try updating your bios as long as you can do the aforementioned provisions to ensure that you don't end up with a bricked desktop... I'm not sure how much this would affect the actual game but perhaps you could do a speedtest on your network to see is maybe there could be some issue. (Not quite sure if R* requires an always on DRM for the game to run.) I would suspect that you purchased GTA V from Steam? And if so, there could be some issue on your end (most likely) that would hinder the ability of Steam/Rockstar connecting to the server to validate the game. I'm fairly confident that Blizzard/Battle.net does a similar thing with like World of Warcraft, etc. If my internet was running to slow or there was something preventing connection to the validation servers, World of Warcraft wouldn't launch or it would but it would just be stuck on loading. I'm sure that if WoW had a single player mode (which would most likely not happen because it's always been an MMPORG) it would still require that I have an internet connection and that it can reach their servers to ensure that I am indeed playing a legitimate copy of the game. So really there could be many other points where you can't fully launch the game. The easiest verdict could be, that it's not recommended specs. Therefore that must be the cause. Though really I doubt that.   

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization