Sealed watercool loop temps!

JorksX
Go to solution Solved by brokencross,

I did RMA form to shop where I ordered it, lets hope for the best 

Yeah, they'll replace it for sure.

Hello.

I have just installed "Antec 650" to my computer and my temps are 40-44c idle and 73c on prime stress test.

I have AMD fx-8350 with stock voltages and rates.

motherboard is "Asus M5A99X evo R2"

8g hyperX ddr3 ram.

my fans are like this: 

2x noctua nf f12 fans infront

one noctua nf f12 is on top of the case and pushing air out

the radiador has one noctua nf f12 pulling air from radiador and out of the case. (radiador has one fan pushing air throught it)

Any ideas why temperatures are so high?

Make sure your fans are running fast and ramp up when your cpu gets hotter, or just run full speed all the time

thats not high

120/140mm AIOs arent that much better than a 212

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

the load temps are pretty normal, but how much stuff are you running at idle?

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Make sure your fans are running fast and ramp up when your cpu gets hotter, or just run full speed all the time

front fans are running from 12V max rpm.
Radiador fan is getting louder when temps rise and so are all the fans.

Even when all the fans are running at full speed, it dosent make any difference to temps when idle.

thats not high

120/140mm AIOs arent that much better than a 212

When Im watching others on youtube, they are having like 24c with this cooler. 

the load temps are pretty normal, but how much stuff are you running at idle?

Idle only steam and chrome with youtube and twitch stream.

AMD CPU's max core operating temp is 61C so I guess & Hope that's your socket temperature? otherwise your CPU will probably be damaged...

What software did you use the measure the temp?

Does you water cooler have the led colour change thing as I cant remember? was that red?

At a first guess you don't have good thermal contact between the CPU and Heat sink... remove use paste and reapply...

If it happens after that RMA the cooler...

Also check bios and make sure that your CPU thermal protection shut-down is set to 60c

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

AMD CPU's max core operating temp is 61C so I guess & Hope that's your socket temperature? otherwise your CPU will probably be damaged...

What software did you use the measure the temp?

Does you water cooler have the led colour change thing as I cant remember? was that red?

At a first guess you don't have good thermal contact between the CPU and Heat sink... remove us paste and reapply...

If it happens after that RMA the cooler...

Also check bios and make sure that your CPU thermal protection shut-down is set to 60c

Yes, the temperature is calculated.

Im using asus own monitoring software, but so is tempcore, hardwareinfo, all are showing same .

Cooler changes color to red when stress testing and its cool blue when idle.

I changed the heatsink.

And computer shuts itself down when temperatures gets over 70c (default from bios)

Yes, the temperature is calculated.

Im using asus own monitoring software, but so is tempcore, hardwareinfo, all are showing same .

Cooler changes color to red when stress testing and its cool blue when idle.

I changed the heatsink.

And computer shuts itself down when temperatures gets over 70c (default from bios)

Its probably the package temp, strange how you got to 73 if the sundown is 70c, change it to 62-65 AMD's cpu are not like Intel'd they don't like getting hot...

Did you use there back plate for it or did you keep the AMD original one on?

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

I would try Re-seating the Water-block and see if it improves

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Its probably the package temp, strange how you got to 73 if the sundown is 70c, change it to 62-65 AMD's cpu are not like Intel'd they don't like getting hot...

Did you use there back plate for it or did you keep the AMD original one on?

from bios it shown 70c is shutdown point, but with coretemp I saw 73c when prime was doing his thing.

I used this antecs backplate what I got with package. I dont have the amd original one.

I would try Re-seating the Water-block and see if it improves

I changed thermal paste to newone again. re-seated it, changed the whole CASE and now only intakes are one in front and one on side panel, and radiador is pushing air out.

Temps are 41c idle and after 2min of prime95. core #6 and #8 stopped working and after 5min the whole computer froze. Temps where then 62c.

I restarted computer, went straight to bios and then monitoring. There was CPU temp 43c, and all the fans are working at full speed.

Motherboard and cpu are few weeks old.

from bios it shown 70c is shutdown point, but with coretemp I saw 73c when prime was doing his thing.

I used this antecs backplate what I got with package. I dont have the amd original one.

I changed thermal paste to newone again. re-seated it, changed the whole CASE and now only intakes are one in front and one on side panel, and radiador is pushing air out.

Temps are 41c idle and after 2min of prime95. core #6 and #8 stopped working and after 5min the whole computer froze. Temps where then 62c.

I restarted computer, went straight to bios and then monitoring. There was CPU temp 43c, and all the fans are working at full speed.

Motherboard and cpu are few weeks old.

RMA the cooler its not working correctly...

Stop testing it with prime until you change the cooler...

Warning the fact its dropping cores in prime on stock settings is worrying especially if its before it reached 62c again 61c is the recommended MAX core temp! you should not be seeing temps over 55c ever with that cooler on stock settings... (unless its 40c in your room)

RMA the cooler its not working correctly...

Stop testing it with prime until you change the cooler...

Warning the fact its dropping cores in prime on stock settings is worrying especially if its before it reached 62c again 61c is the recommended MAX core temp! you should not be seeing temps over 55c ever with that cooler on stock settings... (unless its 40c in your room)

I got this watercooler system yesterday.

When I play GTA V with stock clock. Computer crashes after 30min and restarts itself. If I underclock it to 4ghz--> 3.8ghz it works fine the whole day. Even with gta V.

With GTA, gpu is 55c and cpu is 60-65c

My room is about 24c and computer is infront of open window and its really cold outside.

So what's the problem?

EDIT: Stop using prime95 FFS. 
It destroyed my 8350, basically forcing me to overclock to get it stable. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

So what's the problem?

EDIT: Stop using prime95 FFS.

It destroyed my 8350, basically forcing me to overclock to get it stable.

Problem is high temp in idle and random crashes when on load (gta V, bf 4...)

Problem is high temp in idle and random crashes when on load (gta V, bf 4...)

Your Idle temps are normal; And irrelevant. 

Crashes? OC the thing; You may have damaged it with prime95. 

When I used prime95 on my 8350 it would halt on cores and ended up damaging my now unusable 8350.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

I got this watercooler system yesterday.

When I play GTA V with stock clock. Computer crashes after 30min and restarts itself. If I underclock it to 4ghz--> 3.8ghz it works fine the whole day. Even with gta V.

With GTA, gpu is 55c and cpu is 60-65c

My room is about 24c and computer is infront of open window and its really cold outside.

Either that cooler is broken, not suitable for use on a FX8350 or with your adventures into temperatures above 61c you have damaged some cores and your FX is now unstable...

Either that cooler is broken, not suitable for use on a FX8350 or with your adventures into temperatures above 61c you have damaged some cores and your FX is now unstable...

well shit :(

I dont want to make new topic but this is sealed watercooler. If I cut the tubes and put new ones there. Also replacing the waterpump with aftermarked one.

Will it be better?

Like If I use antecs radiator and cpu block only. eveything else. res, pump and tubes I put my own?

well shit :(

I dont want to make new topic but this is sealed watercooler. If I cut the tubes and put new ones there. Also replacing the waterpump with aftermarked one.

Will it be better?

Like If I use antecs radiator and cpu block only. eveything else. res, pump and tubes I put my own?

Don't go cutting and replacing shit just for the sake of it.

Firstly, what are you using to read the temps? Use real temp or hwmonitor.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

Don't go cutting and replacing shit just for the sake of it.

Firstly, what are you using to read the temps? Use real temp or hwmonitor.

Im using coretemp, speedfan, hwmonitoring. all they show the same.

I lost myself into bios and I dont know what I did but now im running at 3.81ghz 8 cores 

and CPU temp idle is 22-25 and socket temp is 37

I lost myself into bios and I dont know what I did but now im running at 3.81ghz 8 cores 

and CPU temp idle is 22-25 and socket temp is 37

Well, isn't the stock clock 4ghz?

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

Well, isn't the stock clock 4ghz?

yes, thats what I said before in this topic.

when im running stock. computer crashes when I play gta V

When I underclock it to 3.8 it dosent crash.

yes, thats what I said before in this topic.

when im running stock. computer crashes when I play gta V

When I underclock it to 3.8 it dosent crash.

Have you checked the voltages? Are they set to auto?

Have you checked the voltages? Are they set to auto?

no, voltages are set to stock by asus. 

Do I put them in auto?

no, voltages are set to stock by asus. 

Do I put them in auto?

Well, supposedly the "stock" voltages should be Auto/Adaptive. So yeah, try the Auto/Adaptive voltage.