laptop overheating

Gentlekatt

Hello guys so my friend has this strange problem when he turns on some game or other program his laptop gets really high temperatures and his laptop restarts automaticly any suggestions?

It's overheating ergo restarting. Solution? Open it up, clean it up from dust, change the thermal compound. Done! Brand new laptop performance and cooling, no throttling etc. Also, he might want to consider getting a cooling pad. :)

It's overheating ergo restarting. Solution? Open it up, clean it up from dust, change the thermal compound. Done! Brand new laptop performance and cooling, no throttling etc. Also, he might want to consider getting a cooling pad. :)

BOOM. This is the answer you needed.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

well he just cleaned it so he will try it and i will suggest him cooling tab

well he just cleaned it so he will try it and i will suggest him cooling tab

You can't properly clean a laptop from the outside or with a vacuum cleaner, well you can, but it's a lot more effective to open it up and properly clean it. If he has done that and it still overheats it means that he needs to change the thermal compound and on the CPU and GPU, it's fairly easy to take apart, there are plenty of tutorials online, just search for the model he has, keep track of screws and where they belong, you can take pictures with your phone, there is no shame there, laptops can have over 40 small screws. Most laptops are repair friendly. :)

You can't properly clean a laptop from the outside or with a vacuum cleaner, well you can, but it's a lot more effective to open it up and properly clean it. If he has done that and it still overheats it means that he needs to change the thermal compound and on the CPU and GPU, it's fairly easy to take apart, there are plenty of tutorials online, just search for the model he has, keep track of screws and where they belong, you can take pictures with your phone, there is no shame there, laptops can have over 40 small screws. Most laptops are repair friendly. :)

well yeah he opened it up and yeah i will probably change thermal copmound of his cpu and gpu