Piracy in Australia

ConnorMacleod95

Hey Guys,
I hoping to find someone who knew more about this than me but..

Many ISP's in Australia have been told that they need to hand over customer data without protest when asked by film companies. 

Do I need to stop pirating Movies, TV Shows and Games? Or is everything still okay like it has been for years?
Thanks all replies welcome :) :)

You have to be careful, my friend got an letter from his ISP notifying him that he was downloading illegal torrents, so he stopped but nothing ever happened to him. I don't risk it, because I respect the content creators and give them the money that they worked hard for.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

You have to be careful, my friend got an letter from his ISP notifying him that he was downloading illegal torrents, so he stopped but nothing ever happened to him. I don't risk it, because I respect the content creators and give them the money that they worked hard for.

Your in Canada.....

At the moment that legislation hasn't come into play YET but will so for now it's ok but doubt it will be for long so i suggest switching to iinet and hoping TPG merger doesn't go through or if it does iinet get's left to do as it pleases and fight for us.

Use a VPN and you'll be fine.

Thankfully my ISP is run by a bunch of spastics and can't track usage to any specific apartment in my complex. Downside of this also is that they once cut the entire complexes internet off because one guy was running a few servers or something and had to physically inspect each apartment to find out who it was. Brilliant stuff.

Most things are over priced today, do they really need to make a 100% profit? No, that is crazy. Also paying actors millions is dumb as well. So for movies, fuck that, if it is not on Netflix then I'll torrent it unless it is brand new in which case I'll rent it and make a copy. As the cost to digitally rent a movie is about what it is worth to buy for me. 

"In general, we think there is a fundamental misconception about piracy. Piracy is almost always a service problem and not a pricing problem. For example, if a pirate offers a product anywhere in the world, 24 x 7, purchasable from the convenience of your personal computer, and the legal provider says the product is region-locked, will come to your country 3 months after the U.S. release, and can only be purchased at a brick and mortar store, then the pirate's service is more valuable. Most DRM solutions diminish the value of the product by either directly restricting a customers use or by creating uncertainty." - Gabe Newell

This quote doesn't just apply to video games, it applies to movies and TV shows. 

In short, this is the problem we have in Australia.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Piracy just makes me sit back and think "what would happen if we could pirate things in real life..." Pirated GTX Titan X?

I mean piracy happens almost everywhere on the internet. Even down to phone apps. I paid for my Adobe Master Collection CS6 when they had a student discount while my friends pirated it. And I got the latest updates LOL

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |