Which laptop should I get? Atm, I'm stuck between the Sager P8652, and the Acer V15 Nitro B.E

caplus12000

So the situation is, I'm in my last year of high school and I recently sold my desktop to a friend from school. I've come to the realization that university will be starting relatively soon, so desktop gaming is out of the picture. Thus, I'll need a durable, portable and most importantly, powerful* laptop. The thing is, is the Sager NP8652 worth the +$700 price tag for a single GTX 980m? Otherwise, I pretty much see them as identical laptops. I'm either gonna go all out and buy the highest end gpu, or buy a reasonable one, like the Acer which has a GTX 960M in it. I know if I get the Acer, I'll have that itch to upgrade, and I'll be overall underwhelmed with its performance. If I buy the Sager one however, I'll need it to last me at least 3 years. So the question is, will it? My family friend will be getting it for me from the States so if it dies, it's dead forever I guess. I won't be as hurt if the Acer one dies, because it costs pretty much half as less. So can I trust Sager? I really want a high end gpu because I guess I could say I'm one of those "I need at least 60 fps or get lost" sorta guy, on high/ultra settings.

What should I do?! I now realise, if I get the Sager, I might as well buy a god damn Titan X and put together a bloody decent desktop, and use my current HP 8510P lappy for Uni instead.

So the situation is, I'm in my last year of high school and I recently sold my desktop to a friend from school. I've come to the realization that university will be starting relatively soon, so desktop gaming is out of the picture. Thus, I'll need a durable, portable and most importantly, powerful* laptop. The thing is, is the Sager NP8652 worth the +$700 price tag for a single GTX 980m? Otherwise, I pretty much see them as identical laptops. I'm either gonna go all out and buy the highest end gpu, or buy a reasonable one, like the Acer which has a GTX 960M in it. I know if I get the Acer, I'll have that itch to upgrade, and I'll be overall underwhelmed with its performance. If I buy the Sager one however, I'll need it to last me at least 3 years. So the question is, will it? My family friend will be getting it for me from the States so if it dies, it's dead forever I guess. I won't be as hurt if the Acer one dies, because it costs pretty much half as less. So can I trust Sager? I really want a high end gpu because I guess I could say I'm one of those "I need at least 60 fps or get lost" sorta guy, on high/ultra settings.

What should I do?! I now realise, if I get the Sager, I might as well buy a god damn Titan X and put together a bloody decent desktop, and use my current HP 8510P lappy for Uni instead.

hmm what is your budget ? Do you need other things? like aqn optical drive, extra ram ?

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well, $1600-$1700 usd is the max I'll go. The acer one is just $900 at the moment on Newegg though. I think 8gb of ram will suffice for my needs. And I don't need an optical drive.

Well, $1600-$1700 usd is the max I'll go. The acer one is just $900 at the moment on Newegg though. I think 8gb of ram will suffice for my needs. And I don't need an optical drive.

Well what about a i7 or 15 is that fine ?

Here is a nice Sager NP8268 with a GTX 965m for roughly 1100$

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268-clevo-p150sma-p-6986.html?wconfigure=yes

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Well what about a i7 or 15 is that fine ?

Here is a nice Sager NP8268 with a GTX 965m for roughly 1100$

http://www.xoticpc.com/sager-np8268-clevo-p150sma-p-6986.html?wconfigure=yes

i7 definately. Thanks for your suggestion, I didn't come across that one! The only thing is its weight; it's quite heavy at 6.83 pounds (  a lil over 3kgs! ) As I'll be using it in school and stuff for pro longed periods, I think it will be a problem over time.

I just had another look, the Sager NP8650 looks pretty good to me. It's right in between my two original choices, and it isn't overly expensive like the NP8652.

yes acer laptops arent the highest of quality and the gpu would be much better

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply