Do you find wireless charging to be that more convient?

Plan on looking at a new phone over the next couple of months, and was wondering if people found wireless charging as it stands now, that more convenient? I'm trying to figure out how much of a factor it should be in my decision.

The technology is too new and not advanced enough to really make a difference at this point.

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Wait.. Wireless charging? How does that work? How can... Does it... Mind blown...

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Wait.. Wireless charging? How does that work? How can... Does it... Mind blown...

Electromagnetism.  The problem is that it is pretty inefficient at the moment.

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Not really but IMO. I keep my phone next to me in bed so no point in having a wireless charger since it'll just fall off if I bump it.

"Rawr XD"

Wireless charging uses contacts that lay on a charging pad. It's not wireless like WiFi is wireless.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Wireless charging uses contacts that lay on a charging pad. It's not wireless like WiFi is wireless.

Well that's dumb... What's the point then... Just use a cord because then you can use the phone while laying in bed for example.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

Well that's dumb... What's the point then... Just use a cord because then you can use the phone while laying in bed for example.

They can be used to charge multiple devices using a single pad. That being said, I would like to see real wireless charging. (i.e. phone charging across the room)

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

-You don't have to worry about wearing out your micro usb port

-Most of them are magnetized so you don't have to worry about knocking it off

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud

They can be used to charge multiple devices using a single pad. That being said, I would like to see real wireless charging. (i.e. phone charging across the room)

That's what I was thinking it was, but is that possible? Transmitting energy (electricity) threw the air? Or am I just dumb and that's not how it would work.

Current PC: 

That's what I was thinking it was, but is that possible? Transmitting energy (electricity) threw the air? Or am I just dumb and that's not how it would work.

As far as I know, it's not possible.

It is possible but it's still in the experimental phase. I saw a ted talk where a guy was safely powering a modified television from about 3 feet away with no wires, it was even safe enough for him to walk between the two. 

Intel Core i7 4790K >> MSI Z87I Gaming AC (MS-7887) >> G.Skill Ripjaws 2133 16GB >> Zotac GTX 980 >> Corsair 250D >> Samsung 840 Evo 250GB >> OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W >> Acer K2 27" Widescreen LED Monitor  (K272HLBMID) >> Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 MX Brown Switch Red RGB LED 87KEYS Mechanical Keyboard >> Mionix Avior 7000 >> HyperX Cloud