Xbox controller for PC

Thony
Go to solution Solved by Ninety1Nine,

I have both.

The 360 controller is a good choice unless you want the different feel of the One controller.

The 360 has a 9ft. cable built in where the One doesn't even come with a cable. Instead you will have to purchase a cable, where you can choose how long you want the cable. Also, its a micro-USB connector. There isn't a wireless dongle to use the One controller wirelessly with a PC yet.

So I bought MK X (£18 from G2A, super cheap) and its stupid on keyboard not to mention theres no mention of keyboard in the menu and trying to edit the keybindings for keyboard crashes the game instantly :D

I have decided to get wired Xbox controller but I don't know which one I should get: 360 or latest Xbone ?

360 controller is only £24 which is cheaper by £12 compared to Xbone.

Is Xbone controller worth it for PC gaming or am I just fine with 360 version ?

Speak from experience please :)

I'm leaning towards 360 because of the appealing price tag !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

They will have the same functionality but Xbone conroller feels nice and i like the triggers better, but if you dont care about ergonomics get cheaper one :)

Its all looks these days

Although I haven't used the XbOne controller, from my experience the 360 controller is really good. I use it for recording smooth motion video in games. You could probably just look at a standard review between the two on Youtube. In terms of software support maybe the 360 will have more as it has been out for longer (customisation and settings etc.)

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

I have both.

The 360 controller is a good choice unless you want the different feel of the One controller.

The 360 has a 9ft. cable built in where the One doesn't even come with a cable. Instead you will have to purchase a cable, where you can choose how long you want the cable. Also, its a micro-USB connector. There isn't a wireless dongle to use the One controller wirelessly with a PC yet.

PC Noise Hater Level = Linus

Well I'm 1st timer when it comes to playing with controllers and u all agreed that 360 is a good choice so that's what I'm gonna get.

Thank you all :)

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

If you can't find an OEM 360 wired controller, the Afterglow works perfectly. I'm still using the one I bought about four years ago.

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

If you can't find an OEM 360 wired controller, the Afterglow works perfectly. I'm still using the one I bought about four years ago.

This one will be mine tomorrow morning :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004JU0JSK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1429195282&sr=8-1π=AC_SX200_QL40&keywords=360+controller&dpPl=1&dpID=41zE78M3mXL&ref=plSrch