2000 €, Slim Gaming Laptop

Hello Friends..

I am looking to buy a new laptop for myself, for my free time during my work where i travel all over the world and live at hotels and apartments.

So the laptop i am looking for needs to be slim because i will be carrying it alot thru airports and on buses etc etc..

I have been searching  for a couple of days now and found some nice ones with some nice specs, but not one with all the specs i really need just one with the right panel, another one with a decent gpu and a third one thats super slim...

MSI Stealth Pro (gtx 970) 

Acer Aspire V Nitro (gtx 960)

Lenovo Y70 (gtx 860)

Is there some kind of laptop with a 17.3  IPS screen and a gtx 980 that is as slim a the stealth pro, and dosnt run hot, out there that i havent come across yet?

I will be playing RPGs like Skyrim ( With mods) And Dragon Age with a little battlefield mixed in there. All at the highest setting the laptop will alllow.

Second big thing ill be doings is watch alot of movies, so an IPS panel is a must imo. (?)

I was wondering if there is any kind of "wonder" slim gaming laptop out there that runs rps with high end settings, and movies at a high res, and dosnt get hot as lava?

Batteri life is not an issue cause i will allways be able to plug it in a socket,

I would be willing to spend more than 2000  but thats just a guideline. thats 2100 USD btw

Any inputs on the matter will be helpfull for me

High Fives From Denmark

(Forgive me for my poor spelling)

Best Regards

Brian

Hello Friends..

I am looking to buy a new laptop for myself, for my free time during my work where i travel all over the world and live at hotels and apartments.

So the laptop i am looking for needs to be slim because i will be carrying it alot thru airports and on buses etc etc..

I have been searching  for a couple of days now and found some nice ones with some nice specs, but not one with all the specs i really need just one with the right panel, another one with a decent gpu and a third one thats super slim...

MSI Stealth Pro (gtx 970) 

Lenovo Y70 (gtx 860)

Is there some kind of laptop with a 17.3  IPS screen and a gtx 980 that is as slim a the stealth pro, and dosnt run hot, out there that i havent come across yet?

I will be playing RPGs like Skyrim ( With mods) And Dragon Age with a little battlefield mixed in there. All at the highest setting the laptop will alllow.

Second big thing ill be doings is watch alot of movies, so an IPS panel is a must imo. (?)

I was wondering if there is any kind of "wonder" slim gaming laptop out there that runs rps with high end settings, and movies at a high res, and dosnt get hot as lava?

Batteri life is not an issue cause i will allways be able to plug it in a socket,

I would be willing to spend more than 2000  but thats just a guideline. thats 2100 USD btw

Any inputs on the matter will be helpfull for me

High Fives From Denmark

(Forgive me for my poor spelling)

Best Regards

Brian

Do you need 17" or will 15"/14" be enough. I had the same logic when buying my current laptop, however I soon noticed that no matter how thin a 17" laptop got, it would still be hard to manage.

Some smaller laptops that come off my head are the razer blade, however im not certain if they sell it in Scandinavia (I live in Norway and i could not manage to find one locally). It has a couple of screen options as well (a 1800x3200 ips touch screen, or a standard 1920x1080 ips non touch screen)

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Gigabyte P37X might be perfect for you.

i7-4720HQ

980M 8GB

16GB RAM

17.3 inch

1080P

IPS

2.95kg

22.5mm thick

It's also well within your price range.

You could also look into P35X v3

Although 15.6 inch, has 2880x1620 screen (Still IPS).

Slightly thinner and lighter at 21mm thick and weighs 2.5kg.

It is however, more expensive.

According to the notebookcheck reviews, none of them suffer major throttling issues.

So the laptop i am looking for needs to be slim because i will be carrying it alot thru airports and on buses etc etc.. No it doesn't. You just want it to be.

MSI Stealth Pro (gtx 970) the best of your three options

Lenovo Y70 (gtx 860)

Is there some kind of laptop with a 17.3  IPS screen and a gtx 980 that is as slim a the stealth pro, and dosnt run hot, out there that i havent come across yet? This does not exist and never will exist

Second big thing ill be doings is watch alot of movies, so an IPS panel is a must imo. (?) It really isn't. There's fantastic TN laptop panels out there if you know where to look. But you can get an IPS panel in a 15" that is thin.

I was wondering if there is any kind of "wonder" slim gaming laptop out there that runs rps with high end settings, and movies at a high res, and dosnt get hot as lava? Does not and will never exist. The laws of physics prevent this.

High Fives From Denmark The website you want is http://www.mysn.de/start.asp?KategorienOrder=010;010& or http://www.ceg-hardcorecustom.com/

The laptop you're looking for is the Clevo P650SE. I don't remember what mySN rebrands it as, but it will have an i7-4710HQ or i7-4720HQ CPU, 970M 3GB GPU, no ODD and the default 1080p panel should be IPS. CEG should be easy to find it as they thankfully use the clevo names.

If you can afford and wish to, you can get a 980M and it will be the Clevo P650SG. The rest of the machine will be the same.

Please note that if buying from mySN, you WILL need to repaste with good paste once you get it, as mySN is retarded and thinks that MX-2 is a good paste. It's not. You're looking for Gelid GC Extreme or IC Diamond or Arctic Cérmaique 2 for your CPU. I suggest Gelid or ICD for the GPU; I haven't tested AC2 on a GPU yet. I am unaware as to what CEG uses for their thermal paste.

The P650SE and P650SG will be thicker than the GS70 by a bit, but you should encounter zero throttling in any gaming scenario once you have proper airflow (and possibly use max fans if a game is very demanding).

You will get awesome laptops for that price ... Check out aorus x7 ..

That machine is a throttle machine not a gaming laptop.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

I can't really recommend anything better than the MSI GS70 Stealth Pro.

I think laptops like the Gigabyte P37X are hard to find available in Europe, so you might have to go with the MSI GS70 Stealth Pro.

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

After some more reseach i found that Asus is comming out with a new slim laptop soon.. The Rog G501, and it looks nice but the the Gpu is not the best meh..

So atm i torn between these 4

The Rog G751 : http://store.asus.com/us/item/201503AM110000043/A18486

The Rog G501 : http://store.asus.com/us/item/201412AM150000609/A18486

The Stealth Pro ; http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GS70-2QE-Stealth-Pro.html#hero-overview

The P37x : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V8IPK8K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2TC87EJKQMY9O

Im leaning towards the more bulky one of the lot, because of what i can tell it wont have as many cooling problems as the 3 thin ones in prolonged gameing sesions..

But i kinda wanna wait and see the reveiws of the G501,.. 

And i dont really know if the stealth pro has any huge problems with heat...