dx 12 preparations

imasteriichiefi
Go to solution Solved by Dzzope,

Don't buy before you need to or see the actual results of any rumoured features.

Something like a unified vram pool will still need to be coded for and I don't see that taking off any time soon.

I also don't see nvidia enabling sli across different chips.

Directx 12  promices to unify all gpu's as one big gpu with staking ram "For example, you could do split-frame rendering with each GPU ad its respective framebuffer handling 1/2 of the screen. In this way, the GPUs have extremely minimal information, allowing both GPUs to effectively behave as a single large/faster GPU with a correspondingly large pool of memory" so my question is what setups i should go to and why i realy dont care about power eff. or cumsunption i care raw fps at a res 21:9 1440p

setup 1 :
2 gtx 770
+
1 gtx 780 ti 
combine vram of 7 gb

cuda :5952

RoP:112

tmu:496

setup 2 :
2gtx 970 

combine vram of 8 gb
cuda :

RoP:208

tmu:168

OR 3 way gtx 770

the gtx 770 doesn't support all features of DX12 if i'm not mistaken

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Don't buy before you need to or see the actual results of any rumoured features.

Something like a unified vram pool will still need to be coded for and I don't see that taking off any time soon.

I also don't see nvidia enabling sli across different chips.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

gtx 970 full dx 12 support

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Doesn't work like that man.

"DX12 contains a number of improvements that can be used to improve the API’s CPU efficiency; we’ve announced that all Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell GPUs will fully support the DX12 API - See more at: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/09/19/maxwell-and-dx1..." what i have reed or read sry for my english 

Doesn't work like that man.

"DX12 contains a number of improvements that can be used to improve the API’s CPU efficiency; we’ve announced that all Fermi, Kepler, and Maxwell GPUs will fully support the DX12 API - See more at: http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2014/09/19/maxwell-and-dx1..." what i have reed or read sry for my english 

Unrelated post is unrelated. Thinking you can combine different cards to share processing because dx12 MIGHT be flexible like that is never going to happen.

Unrelated post is unrelated. Thinking you can combine different cards to share processing because dx12 MIGHT be flexible like that is never going to happen.

sry i wrong quote :P was for