New I7-4770k OC build Windows 7 or 8

QQless

So I am putting together a new build it consists of a Sabertooth Z87 board with the I7-4770k I plan to over clock it. My question is does Windows 8 offer that much more then Windows 7 in performance for a premium OC desktop? Thanks for reading and for your input.

It may offer a little improvement, I know on my PC Photoshop ran A LOT better then when I had Windows 7, Also general use is a tad snappier, 

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I'd go win 7. Better for non touch and the performance diffrence is small.

W8 won't offer that much more performance. It really comes down to the GUI and the features.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Personally, I love the look and feel of Win8, so I'd vote for that over Win7

Running same board and CPU...working like a dream. 

Coolermaster HAF 932 | Intel i7 4770k  | Corsair H100i | 16GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance | PowerColor 7970 | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair HX650 | Dell U2713HM , U2312HM

Samsung 840 Pro 128gb|  9tb Storage |  CMStorm Quickfire rapid (Cherry Blue) | SteelSeries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Siberia | Logitech G51| Xonar DX| Sennheiser HD518|

~Duck Duck Goose!~

If you're going to be buying a new copy of windows either way than just go ahead and get windows 8.  If you already have 7 you can use then you might as well use that.

i7 4770k, 16GB Corsair Vengeance

Gigabyte z87, Phanteks Enthoo Primo

I would say windows 8 it just takes some getting use to and is more "future proof"

Windows 8.  if you're going to be buying a brand new licence either way, no point buying an outdated operating system.  

PS: I'm using win 8: It is better.  People who say otherwise are still riding the bandwagon.  

PS: I'm using win 8: It is better. People who say otherwise are still riding the bandwagon.

It's all opinion. You can say W8 is better. That is your right, but don't say "they're still riding the bandwagon," if they genuinely think W7 is better.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

After using Win8 since launch, I couldn't see myself going back to Win7... IMHO the start menu is over rated; I much prefer Metro, just learn the winkey shortcuts and you're set.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

I like the windows 8 set up so I went with 8 it's in the mail thanks all!

There's no point in going with an older operating system. Go windows 8 and if you miss windows shell, Downloaf classic shell.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit