Android Lollipop voicemail icon won't go away.

JonHewett95

I have an xperia z3c on O2 UK and the voicemail icon just won't go away in lollipop, I have checked and I don't have any voicemail, does anyone know how to get rid of it because it's especially annoying when it's a card. All phone notifications are off and it's still there.........

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

Step 1: Throw it out the window

Step 2: return the remains for an iPhone

Interesting. I know what you're talking about but I've never had a persistent icon like that.

1) Have you restarted?

2) Maybe you'll need to delete any voicemails (including old ones) to make it happy?

Sig under construction.

Same problem on my nexus 4! Go into setting>apps>all> Then scroll down to the phone application (you may have more than on so try this on each one till it goes) then enter it, then click force stop and it will restart and will not effect anything and remove the notification! You will have to redo this every time you turn the phone off>on!

Hope it works

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Mine usually goes away once i've deleted the voicemail messages.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Yes, that can be annoying. What I usually do is to call my voicemail, make sure there are no messages and usually there is an option (like *) to end the session, which I do and let the call end naturally without pressing the end button. I wait for a few seconds to a minute and the notification usually disappears. If not, then I remove my sim card and battery, wait a minute then replace.. this usually does the trick. If not, I would contact O2 and say that the notification is still present as usually, it is due to something on the carrier side of things. Of course, you can also try to factory reset your device but I don't think that will work. Hopefully that helps. 

i7 4790K - MSI XPower Z97 AC - 32GB DDR3-2400 Avexir Sabranco - ASUS Strix GTX 980 SLI - ASUS Xonar Essence - Phanteks Enthoo Primo - RoG Swift + Samsung 28" 4k UHD - Logitech Z906 5.1 - Custom Water Cooling Loop

Mobile: Samsung S8 Plus | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50X / ASUS Strix Pro | Laptop: Alienware 17 R2

Force close the application then start it again.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Same problem on my nexus 4! Go into setting>apps>all> Then scroll down to the phone application (you may have more than on so try this on each one till it goes) then enter it, then click force stop and it will restart and will not effect anything and remove the notification! You will have to redo this every time you turn the phone off>on!

Hope it works

That worked when I was on kitkat but I can't see the option on lollipop

PC Specs: CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.5Ghz (Cooled by Corsair H100i) GPU: 780ti (RIP) Mobo: Asus Z87-A Storage: 2x Samsung 850 pro (128GB) seagate SSHD (2TB) PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Peripherals Keyboard: CM storm cherry blues Mouse: Razer deathadder 

That worked when I was on kitkat but I can't see the option on lollipop

I have never had to do it on Kitkat! Its come up on my lolipop! Got pictures of the phone app?

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

Step 1: Throw it out the window

Step 2: return the remains for an iPhone

Would rather have the remains as a daily driver than an iPhone

Would rather have the remains as a daily driver than an iPhone

Well the remains are still about as nice as the starting product, so I can understand that. I didn't expect any more from you :)

Well the remains are still about as nice as the starting product, so I can understand that. I didn't expect any more from you :)

The remains are nicer than an iPhone for sure. I didn't expect any more from an iPhone sheep.

The remains are nicer than an iPhone for sure. I didn't expect any more from an iPhone sheep.

You can't use the same joke I did ;) not to mention mine was true. 

You can't use the same joke I did ;) not to mention mine was true.

I can and I will.

Also you're scum of the earth. <also true because I said so (using your logic)

I can and I will.

We all know you can't be a crab wearing a top hat and use an android device. You're obviously using someone elses picture. Now now don't get all fussy because you've never got to enjoy the love that is an iPhone. 

I can and I will.

Thanks for being helpful here. Linus forums should really have a thread dedicated to iOS vs Android arguments so nobody else has to deal with it.

I have never had to do it on Kitkat! Its come up on my lolipop! Got pictures of the phone app?

It's just the stock xperia phone app.

We all know you can't be a crab wearing a top hat and use an android device. You're obviously using someone elses picture. Now now don't get all fussy because you've never got to enjoy the love that is an iPhone.

Says the person who would abandon a 500+ dollar device because of an icon bug. ;)

Says the person who would abandon a 500+ dollar device because of an icon bug. ;)

What can I say i'm a damn American ;)