i7-4710MQ for Rendering?

I have recently sold my rig... And I'm looking to buy a laptop, I know.......

I am looking to continue my work with Sony Vegas, the laptop I'm looking at has an i7-4710MQ, what is this like for rendering? What would you recommend instead of that?

Well atleast it has 4cores/8threads, unlike most laptop grade i7 processors... Still you're probably going to run into heat/power issues.

I am looking to continue my work with Sony Vegas, the laptop I'm looking at has an i7-4710MQ, what is this like for rendering? What would you recommend instead of that?

my i7 3610qqm does a decent job in premier and photoshop tbh, I have used it to edit footage from my Sony A7 and videogame footage, the render time is longer than my desktop i7, but otherwise flawless

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Well atleast it has 4cores/8threads, unlike most laptop grade i7 processors... Still you're probably going to run into heat/power issues.

That's the reason I chose this laptop, it's quite hard to find a laptop i5/7 with more than 2 cores

my i7 3610qqm does a decent job in premier and photoshop tbh, I have used it to edit footage from my Sony A7 and videogame footage, the render time is longer than my desktop i7, but otherwise flawless

I used to use a 4790k, will I see a massive difference? I do expect longer times

I used to use a 4790k, will I see a massive difference? I do expect longer times

I have a 4770k in my desktop, and the 3610qm in my laptop, honestly in terms of using premier and photoshop, not much difference in usage, they both work fine

Rendering times are longer, but I sometimes render on my laptop so I can keep gaming / working on my pc

dont have any numbers for you, never found it an issue enough to bother measuring

heck my friend renders all his videos on his 15" macbook pro, it does a great job

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

why would you switch from desktop to laptop?

mobility

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

For laptops there isn't a lot of computing performance but anything with a 4th gen i7 will do the job for you.

Wat? What not a lot of computing performance? WAT?

"unlike most laptop grade i7 processors"... WAT? Most laptop i7 CPUs are quadcores. BY FAR. Everybody keeps buying the ULV chips which are 15W TDP and thus only going to be dual-cores, is what. They are by no means "most".

How do you know he's gonna run into heat/power issues? If he's getting a good laptop with a beefy cooling system this will not happen.

passmark cpu test says 8000 for the MQ and 11000 for the K

Passmark takes tests from any willy-nilly machine and tosses them together. Don't trust passmark, CPUboss or GPUboss for mobile hardware. Or desktop hardware, for that matter.

What is the laptop you are considering? This is the main question. i7s are fine for rendering, but you may wish to get a laptop that will let your i7 do what you want, and those machines are rare these days.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday