Corsair C70 case fan placement.

Statecat
Go to solution Solved by blackadder,

Thanks! What do you think of this configuration? Noctua NF-A15 140mm fan on the bottom (as an intake) another on top as an outtake, one 120mm Noctua NF-f12 on the back as an outtake, and two of those as intakes on the front. This seems pretty good to me as I feel the air is flowing to a place where it cools my components but also forces that hot air out consistently as well.

sounds great! be sure to place the top fan in the rearmost spot. You can cover the sides with cheap foam, less noise, less dust, better air pressure.

So I plan on building a PC. Now for this PC I'm going to be using Noctua fans and the graphics card will be a monster Gtx Titan. (Going to be gaming at higher resolutions and not a big fan of SLI and Crossfire) I'm also going to be buying a custom glass panel to replace that atrocious looking panel that comes with the case. My main question is, how should I place my fans since I don't want to mount any on the side? You can get a detailed list of fan specificatios on the case right here.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5834/corsair-vengeance-c70-case-review-going-for-the-gamers

Also, I don't mind buying any 140mm fans. So don't be afraid to recommend fan configurations that include them. Thank you! ^_^

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

If no fans on the side panel, looks pretty standard to me: Air-flow = front to back, bottom to top.

Mmmm sucking in fans from the bottom I don't know. I am going to buy some filters. I just don't want too many fans on my rig.

Mmmm sucking in fans from the bottom I don't know. I am going to buy some filters. I just don't want too many fans on my rig.

you can always make some but, with a titan x in there might as well not be cheap :P

i agree with kc7vwc , you can always take out the bottom fan if you don't like it. i would put some in the top if temps are bad, i don't think they will be. this is a very open case so dust may built up rapidly. you can always use the low power adapter that come with most noctuca fans to get them to run at a lower rpm. more fan=more noise. to little fans = lots of noise and heat as your fans start to ramp up in rpm. you won't get a drastic change in delta T something around the range of 2-5c with really good fans/best fan placements unless temps are crap to begin with.   

you can always make some but, with a titan x in there might as well not be cheap :P

i agree with kc7vwc , you can always take out the bottom fan if you don't like it. i would put some in the top if temps are bad, i don't think they will be. this is a very open case so dust may built up rapidly. you can always use the low power adapter that come with most noctuca fans to get them to run at a lower rpm. more fan=more noise. to little fans = lots of noise and heat as your fans start to ramp up in rpm. you won't get a drastic change in delta T something around the range of 2-5c with really good fans/best fan placements unless temps are crap to begin with.

Thanks! What do you think of this configuration? Noctua NF-A15 140mm fan on the bottom (as an intake) another on top as an outtake, one 120mm Noctua NF-f12 on the back as an outtake, and two of those as intakes on the front. This seems pretty good to me as I feel the air is flowing to a place where it cools my components but also forces that hot air out consistently as well.

sounds great! be sure to place the top fan in the rearmost spot. You can cover the sides with cheap foam, less noise, less dust, better air pressure.

Thank you very much! You have no idea how mad I have been going over this. xD Last Question, Should I mount the intakes on the outermost front panel? Or on the drive bays by the way? I suppose I could always pull out drivebays I don't use for an outer setup.

Thank you very much! You have no idea how mad I have been going over this. xD Last Question, Should I mount the intakes on the outermost front panel? Or on the drive bays by the way? I suppose I could always pull out drivebays I don't use for an outer setup.

I have a C70 (white).  I removed the HDD cages completely.  I have 4 intakes and 3 exhausts:

Front Intake : Two 120mm

Bottom Intake: One 140mm, and one 120mm.

Rear Exhaust: One 120m

Top Exhaust: Two 140mm

I run only a single 240GB SSD in the system.  I used Velcro to attach it to the ODD cage on the right side of the case.  I have an IDE/Sata-to-USB adapter to use my mechanical storage drives.  They usually just sit in a drawer till I need them.

I have a C70 (white). I removed the HDD cages completely. I have 4 intakes and 3 exhausts:

Front Intake : Two 120mm

Bottom Intake: One 140mm, and one 120mm.

Rear Exhaust: One 120m

Top Exhaust: Two 140mm

I run only a single 240GB SSD in the system. I used Velcro to attach it to the ODD cage on the right side of the case. I have an IDE/Sata-to-USB adapter to use my mechanical storage drives. They usually just sit in a drawer till I need them.

Seems like a lot of fans. 0.o Is it loud? And the SSD stays in place? Well I'd like that a lot.. However, I need my hardrive in there. I will be downloading a lot of games and will be using my ssd only for my OS and games that I will be keeping for a long time.

Seems like a lot of fans. 0.o Is it loud? And the SSD stays in place? Well I'd like that a lot.. However, I need my hardrive in there. I will be downloading a lot of games and will be using my ssd only for my OS and games that I will be keeping for a long time.

I use a Bitfenix Recon Fan controller.  I can turn fans all the way off if I choose to.  My system is quite quiet.

Since you need your HDD, just have the upper HDD cage in.  This leaves room for an extra bottom mounted intake fan.

Oh, the Velcro mounted SSD is secure.  The SSD is very light.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I use a Bitfenix Recon Fan controller. I can turn fans all the way off if I choose to. My system is quite quiet.

Since you need your HDD, just have the upper HDD cage in. This leaves room for an extra bottom mounted intake fan.

Oh, the Velcro mounted SSD is secure. The SSD is very light.

Mmmm fan controller. More money. How much?

Oh thank the Lord. xD I was expecting more. Thanks for the recommendation! I didn't really ever see a place for a fan controller in my build, but it seems nice since I can switch between profiles of standby mode, web browsing and heavy gaming. You install it in the upper drive bays right? Near the optical drive?

Oh thank the Lord. xD I was expecting more. Thanks for the recommendation! I didn't really ever see a place for a fan controller in my build, but it seems nice since I can switch between profiles of standby mode, web browsing and heavy gaming. You install it in the upper drive bays right? Near the optical drive?

Yup.

Yup.

Thanks for the advice! If I ever need more fans I can always buy extra later.