Best Tablet for Me? (Possibly Shield?)

Statik

Hey guys, so I'm graduating and all that shit this year, and my parents are assulting me asking for grad gift ideas, etc, so I have a question about tablets.

I'm interested in the Nvidia Shield. Is this still a kickass tablet? Is there anything similar for cheaper? I want something for just general tablet use, but the added feature of being able to game, is awesome. Also, which Shield should I get? 32gb, or 16gb? There's such a big difference in price. I have all my movies on a Corsair Voyager GO 64gb, so that's not an issue, but just when it comes to everything else.

Thanks,

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

What about a Surface?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What's your budget?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

You might be better off with a good laptop if you plan on going to college. And personally I would just ask for a bigger phone before ever getting a tablet. 

What about a Surface?

Don't know much about it, are they good? What's the price?

Like my parents are slightly computer illiterate, and were asking me if I want an iPad, etc, so I don't want to suggest something crazy expensive.

What's your budget?

My parents asked me if I would want an iPad for grad, so I want to suggest something different, because.. apple.. So I want it ideally cheap. Maybe as close to the latest iPad? :/

can i come

Heeeelll no.

You might be better off with a good laptop if you plan on going to college. And personally I would just ask for a bigger phone before ever getting a tablet. 

I have a Galaxy S3, and don't plan to upgrade it until my plan is over. Like I said, my parents are asking because grad gift. I'm not on the market for anything of this sort right now, and a pricey laptop if definatly out of the question. Plus I'm not going to post secondary, so I don't have a need for a laptop right now.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Don't know much about it, are they good? What's the price?

Like my parents are slightly computer illiterate, and were asking me if I want an iPad, etc, so I don't want to suggest something crazy expensive.

My parents asked me if I would want an iPad for grad, so I want to suggest something different, because.. apple.. So I want it ideally cheap. Maybe as close to the latest iPad? :/

Heeeelll no.

I have a Galaxy S3, and don't plan to upgrade it until my plan is over. Like I said, my parents are asking because grad gift. I'm not on the market for anything of this sort right now, and a pricey laptop if definatly out of the question. Plus I'm not going to post secondary, so I don't have a need for a laptop right now.

Well if your not going to continue your education then you may just want to ask to start a 401k because I have a tablet and a smart phone and the tablet never gets used and I regret buying it

Well if your not going to continue your education then you may just want to ask to start a 401k because I have a tablet and a smart phone and the tablet never gets used and I regret buying it

I'm not getting a better education right now. I'm going to work, as I deal with the wonderfully long process to join the military, then decide if I want to stick with that, or what's happening.

EDIT: I'm buying a truck this summer too, so if it's in my budget, I'm considering starting an RRSP.

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro