Which works/scales better SLI vs Crossfire?

kenjigreat

I'm asking because I don't have experience in them.

I'm curious about the performance and overall experience.

Depends on the game. There's games like DiRT that scale pretty much perfectly with CrossFire but don't have anywhere near as big of a benefit with SLI. Then there's games like H1Z1 that only support SLI and not CF.

"Rawr XD"

Usually Sli

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I am going to say SLI, just because there have been some games that have driver deficiencies with AMD GPUs.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Depends on the game. There's games like DiRT that scale pretty much perfectly with CrossFire but don't have anywhere near as big of a benefit as SLI. Then there's games like H1Z1 that only support SLI and not CF.

So basically when you have a Dual + GPU setup you are praying that the Devs bother to support it?

So basically when you have a Dual + GPU setup you are praying that the Devs bother to support it?

Yep. COD:AW didn't even support dual GPU on launch.

"Rawr XD"

Precisely ;)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

SLI.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Depends on the game. There's games like DiRT that scale pretty much perfectly with CrossFire but don't have anywhere near as big of a benefit as SLI. Then there's games like H1Z1 that only support SLI and not CF.

Are you including dirt 3? because I get almost perfect scaling in dirt 3 with 2 970's, I actually get near perfect scaling in every game I own, but 99% of them are AAA titles so that's most likely why.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Are you including dirt 3? because I get almost perfect scaling in dirt 3 with 2 970's, I actually get near perfect scaling in every game I own, but 99% of them are AAA titles so that's most likely why.

afaik even DiRT 1 scaled pretty much perfectly with AMD (er, ATI) while SLI wasn't that well scaled with it at the time.

"Rawr XD"