Would this PC run Primal Carnage: Extinction?

Go to solution Solved by LegacyStijncat,

Ok thank you! I will look into the 3rd one!

No problem! If your question is answered, hold your mouse on the answer and click "Mark Solved"! It helps the answerer (whatever the word is) a lot!

I just thought of this question when opening my steam account and I saw the GTA V ad. I had the game for my PS3 and loved it till I sold my PS3. Do you think that 3rd one could run GTA V?

Ram meets the recommended requirements, which is 8GB.

The CPU is hovering in between minimum and recommended. Minimum is 2,4 GHz quad core / What machine 3 has is quad core 3GHz / What is recommended is 3,6 GHz quad core.  (in Intel's case of course. AMD requires way more cores etc., don't worry about that).

The GPU passes IN THEORY the recommended requirements. The recommended requirements for GTA V is a GTX 660 w/ 2GB Vram. Machine 3 has a GTX 860M+ w/ 2GB Vram.

(Didn't know the mobile versions had a + form, but oh well, don't worry about it.)

But why IN THEORY? Because sometimes, the mobile versions of GPU's go a little bit w***. BUT, don't worry too much about it. I have a GT525M, which even handled Assassin's Creed III (I didn't bother with 4, maybe that worked too). The GPU probably works, but is not officially supported. But if you're too worried, send a mail too Rockstar, maybe they can tell you more!

Alright, I'm looking into getting the PC listed down below. I was curious if it would run the game on steam Primal Carnage: Extinction with no lag? Thanks 

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-alpha/pd?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&fl=p&~ck=mn

Also, little side question, out of the 4 PC's listed towards the bottom of the same model, what one would you guys go for? 

They use Intel processors, so the perfermence will not be as good as an amd machine. You could do 30fps on 720p or maybe even 900p

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

They use Intel processors, so the perfermence will not be as good as an amd machine. You could do 30fps on 720p or maybe even 900p

You are trolling right?

@krina001 don't listen to that argument. You can get lots of fps's at 1080 or higher resolutions if desired.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

You are trolling right?

It has 2 core

CPU AMD 9590 -- 2x Titan X ---  RAM 32GB KINGSTON---PSU EVGA 1000 ------ HARD DRIVE 2TB WD BLACK -- MOTHERBOARD AMD 900 SERIE

RAZER CRACKEN ---------RAZER NAGA -------------------RAZER CHROMA

english is new language for me so forgive my many mistake / I have moderate autism so im not always correct 

Alright, I'm looking into getting the PC listed down below. I was curious if it would run the game on steam Primal Carnage: Extinction with no lag? Thanks 

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-alpha/pd?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&fl=p&~ck=mn

Also, little side question, out of the 4 PC's listed towards the bottom of the same model, what one would you guys go for? 

The second one (from the left) meets all the recommended requirements. 

The left one will still run it though, just not at recommended. it meets minimum though.

The third one may be the best. It has a quad core processor, which is way better than the dual core i3. This does not mean that the first two not suffice, it means that getting the third one is the most future proof of the first 3.

For the tl;dr:

1. First machine: Meets minimum requirements.
  2. Second machine: Meets recommended requirements.
  3. Third machine: Most future proof. I would go for this one!
  4. Fourth machine: 1TB extra storage. But for 150 $ extra, you can buy a 3TB hard drive.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

It has 2 core

1. Intel can get A LOT of performance into one core. More than AMD.
  2. These 2 cores are hyperthreaded. From the third machine, it's even quad core.
  3. The games minimum requirements are a 2,0 GHz one core processor. Yes, one core. Dual core is two times one. And 2 more virtual cores thanks to hyperthreading.
  4. What has AMD have to do with ANY of this?

Basic guide to CPU's!

@krina001, don't forget to follow your topics to ensure that you get a notification when someone answers your question. The button is on the right top of the screen. Welcome to the forums!

Basic guide to CPU's!

I just thought of this question when opening my steam account and I saw the GTA V ad. I had the game for my PS3 and loved it till I sold my PS3. Do you think that 3rd one could run GTA V?

Ok thank you! I will look into the 3rd one!

No problem! If your question is answered, hold your mouse on the answer and click "Mark Solved"! It helps the answerer (whatever the word is) a lot!

Ram meets the recommended requirements, which is 8GB.

The CPU is hovering in between minimum and recommended. Minimum is 2,4 GHz quad core / What machine 3 has is quad core 3GHz / What is recommended is 3,6 GHz quad core.  (in Intel's case of course. AMD requires way more cores etc., don't worry about that).

The GPU passes IN THEORY the recommended requirements. The recommended requirements for GTA V is a GTX 660 w/ 2GB Vram. Machine 3 has a GTX 860M+ w/ 2GB Vram.

(Didn't know the mobile versions had a + form, but oh well, don't worry about it.)

But why IN THEORY? Because sometimes, the mobile versions of GPU's go a little bit w***. BUT, don't worry too much about it. I have a GT525M, which even handled Assassin's Creed III (I didn't bother with 4, maybe that worked too). The GPU probably works, but is not officially supported. But if you're too worried, send a mail too Rockstar, maybe they can tell you more!

Basic guide to CPU's!

Ok thanks :) I will let you know if I buy it and what I think