only for gaming

• CPU: i5 2500k
  • Mainboard: p8p67
  • RAM: 8gb 1600mhz
  • 1900x1080
  • Alimentatore: xfx 850w
  • Case: haf922
  • thanks

fracry 3, bf3 , gta 4, sleeping dos, crysis 3, ac3 etc..

There are no over-volting advantages to the Power Edition cards anymore, so on that bases and the fact the 7970 @ stock is still faster than the 670 I would recommend the 7970 + the extra RAM & the larger memory buss on the 7970 will come in handy when you crank up the AA & AF settings.

Things to consider: if PhysX is important to you the 670 is the way to go.

Now for some graphs from Linus's favorite website !

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/59265-his-hd-7970-iceq-x-hd-7950-iceq-x-review-12.html

NOTE: all tests were done on the latest drivers from both nVidia & AMD .

HD7970-ICEQ-32.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-36.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-39.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-44.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-48.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-52.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-56.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-60.jpg

HD7970-ICEQ-64.jpg

it is true that the drivers amd are not good?

it seems strange that msi gtx 670 pe can not more overvoltage...

This is all fine but you are not taking into account that OP did not say exactly which sapphire 7970 does he want.. because if you are going for a standard clocked one, the only way you are going to beat the 670 PE ( i did not see a lot of standard clocked PE 670's around, maybe i am wrong ) if you OC it, and the 670 can be OC-ed as well ( well not as on start of PE lifetime, but still ).

the the tests above are for reference cards so keep that in mind. Yes 3 gigs of ram does help, but if i were you i would skip the 670, because if you live in North America you can get epic deals on 680 cards, a week ago a dude was asking for a 670, and a few of us found him nice 680's he can get for the same price, so if you can say how much you can spend, that would be nice, oh and if you are getting the 7970 OC edition don't even blink, go buy it, it is awesome

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

it is true that the drivers amd are not good?

Not at all.

In fact in recent months, AMD drivers have brought superior performance improvements compared to nVidia drivers .

Give it some time, the drivers are still beta

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

it seems strange that msi gtx 670 pe can not more overvoltage...
Yes unfortunately nVidia told MSI to stop the overvolting , so MSI reverted it T_T .

Same thing happened to the EVGA GTX 680 Classified and the MSI GTX 680 Lightning .

I'm hoping & praying that they'll bring overvolting back with the 700 series .

This is all fine but you are not taking into account that OP did not say exactly which sapphire 7970 does he want.. because if you are going for a standard clocked one, the only way you are going to beat the 670 PE ( i did not see a lot of standard clocked PE 670's around, maybe i am wrong ) if you OC it, and the 670 can be OC-ed as well ( well not as on start of PE lifetime, but still ).

the the tests above are for reference cards so keep that in mind. Yes 3 gigs of ram does help, but if i were you i would skip the 670, because if you live in North America you can get epic deals on 680 cards, a week ago a dude was asking for a 670, and a few of us found him nice 680's he can get for the same price, so if you can say how much you can spend, that would be nice, oh and if you are getting the 7970 OC edition don't even blink, go buy it, it is awesome

I've read a couple of reviews where they compared all of the GTX 670 models after MSI stopped the overvolting & the best hands down was the Asus DCUii TOP ,they managed to push the overclock on it about 130mhz over every other model , the second best was the MSI PE .

sweet so asus dcuII 670 is more expensive than some 680 for sure so he should go for a 680 or an OC 7970 if he can afford it

System

so there no way to overvoltare gtx 670 pe?

so there no way to overvoltare gtx 670 pe?

You could try an older build of afterburner (2.2.3)

I overvolt my lightnings with this, but the lightnings have a custom iChill voltage controller that the 670pe does not have.

The Asus GTX 670 DCUii costs about 410$ on amazon, I still would definitely recommend an HD 7970 over it though .

I agree to a point but he should keep his eyes opened for a good 680 deal

System

i find msi 7970 lighting used 3 month 355euro is good?