Better preformance in a 8x pci-e than the 16x pci-e

I needed to move my GTX 970 to a lower PCI-e slot in order to get the H100i GTX lines off the top of my card and lower heat in my cpu cuz the backplate on the card that was touching was getting really hot and heating up the lines. So i ran Cinebench R15 OpenGL and got a 150.69 fps then i ran it in the 8x and got a 155.17 fps score lol. Also without a OC on my card i got a 141.88 fps in 16x and a 147.54 in 8x without a oc lol. Why is that? Ive seen similar things online with people saying the samething on all diff motherboards.

I ran the test mutible times on both and got the same results everytime. CineBench R15 is really really good at giving consistant results everytime. Everytime i run it if nothing has changed i get the exact same results everytime.

that is variable error margin diffrence and if you redo the test it can get lower or higher on either

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As said above u wont really see a difference between 16x and 8x pci-e. Here are some gaming tests http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10