OnePlus one or Samsung Galaxy note 4?

Zohan2000

so i currently have the OPO and was looking at getting the note 4 for the bigger screen size and then have it for my phone and tablet (can then sell my iPad mini 2 16GB wifi since i dont use it that much) but was wondering if it would be worth it in terms of specs and use, some advice here would be awesome, thanks in advance

One Plus 2, when released 

OnePlus One =Twenny One I know it's old ok

Get a OnePlus One it's cheaper

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

The note is actually really Nice. i Have the s4, and im going to getting a note 3 shortly, the note line up is the only one of samsung I like

so i currently have the OPO and was looking at getting the note 4 for the bigger screen size and then have it for my phone and tablet (can then sell my iPad mini 2 16GB wifi since i dont use it that much) but was wondering if it would be worth it in terms of specs and use, some advice here would be awesome, thanks in advance

Specs wise the note4  is slightly better but has a bit worse battery life.

But has some nice software features tho.

already own a OPO but wanted to have a phone and tablet in one instead of having the phone and ipad since i barely use the ipad for anything besides a few games that would be better played on a bigger screen

Not really. Unless you actually use the Note features (S-Pen, windowed multitasking, etc)

"Rawr XD"

The Note 4 is real nice as a phone, but I'm not sure it would be worth it to replace your iPad mini 2 and OnePlus One with it.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Wow, this is going to be my first post in a while. From experience with owning both the OnePlus One for about 4 months, and the Note 4, which is my current daily driver, I would have to admit this. I'd rather use the OnePlus One due to the immensely better battery life. I have to carry a battery pack with me nowadays due to constantly using bluetooth and reading Reddit, and I get really close to draining the battery on it. With the One, I never had that issue. I also find that the One is much more ergonomic in the hand compared to the Note 4 due to its radiused edges. Regarding the 1440p display, yeah, there isn't a night and day difference. At normal viewing distance, you're not going to really notice the difference unless you look for it.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

One plus one.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

Battery life isn't a big deal for me since I don't go out much so as long as it can last a day of whatever usage that'll be fine

Battery life isn't a big deal for me since I don't go out much so as long as it can last a day of whatever usage that'll be fine

All things considered, if I were you, I'd keep the One. I've actually considered buying another One and selling my Note 4 recently, but it wasn't necessary for me to do so at this time.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

OnePlus has shitty support so if you have issues, be prepared to open a PayPal case...

I wouldn't get the Note 4. All the bloat and such is disgusting, and the performance isn't that much better. If I were to get a more expensive phone, I'd choose the Nexus 6.

Plus, a 0.2" upgrade in size is probably not noticeable

post-145931-0-99207000-1429027848_thumb..

Dang! I wouldn't get oneplus one at all.

Why not? I own one and I love it.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

I wouldn't get the Note 4. All the bloat and such is disgusting, and the performance isn't that much better. If I were to get a more expensive phone, I'd choose the Nexus 6.

Plus, a 0.2" upgrade in size is probably not noticeable

OPOvsNote4vsN6.jpg.

Why not? I own one and I love it.

nope.avi maybe it's because I am brand conscious.

nope.avi maybe it's because I am brand conscious.

OPPO is a huge, high-quality brand in China. The OPO is basically the OPPO Find 5 with CyanogenMod 12S on it and a different logo.

Anyway, why would you care about the brand if the product is great? If all anyone ever cared about was the brand, no new companies could be born.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Depends on what you value. The Note 4 is great in terms of productivity, and having a replaceable battery and expandable microSD slot is great. Personally I'd stick with your current situation or go back in time and purchase the Note 4 instead of the OPO instead. I far prefer the Note 4 because of its S-Pen features especially, but I think I don't know if it's worth getting rid of an otherwise nice phone and iPad for the switch.