Stolen iPhone found

Janssent11041
Go to solution Solved by EpicGeekonFire,

The phone will be unusable carrier level wise, but you should be able to restore it with his Apple ID etc if its linked to his iCloud account.

You'll need to go to your carrier and get your IMEI or similar number cleared out of the stolen/blocked status. 

My dads iPhone was stolen about a year ago.

Today it was 'found' and he will be picking it up tomorrow.

The problem is that he reported his phone stolen with the police and gave them the serial numbers and all those things.

Will we now be able to use this phone again?

Or will it be tracked as soon as it will be used again?

My dad said something about this, and that it may be blocked.

Thanks!

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

My dads iPhone was stolen about a year ago.

Today it was 'found' and he will be picking it up tommorow.

The problem is that he reported his phone stolen with the police and gave them the serial numbers and all those things.

Will we now be able to use this phone again?

Or will it be tracked as soon as it will be used again?

My dad said something about this, and that it may be blocked.

depends 

just see what happens then move on from thier

The phone will be unusable carrier level wise, but you should be able to restore it with his Apple ID etc if its linked to his iCloud account.

You'll need to go to your carrier and get your IMEI or similar number cleared out of the stolen/blocked status. 

I had this happen to me once a while ago with Verizon. Unfortunately I used my insurance to get a replacement phone and when it was found nearly a year later, they did not let me re activate it because I had used my phone insurance.

If anything, you got a new iPod. Hope the phone can still activate!

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Thanks guys, i appreciate it  :D

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

i am having a deja vu

i am having a deja vu

haha

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

Well, if he tells them that it's been recovered and manages to prove it then he should be able to use it just fine...?

I dont have anything to say about the topic, but i like your rig

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply