AMD Radeon HD 9970 Engineering Samples Shipped To Manufacturer’s

Kuzma

once you are talking about 4000 shader units and 1ghz its 2x faster than a titan (close to it) i said more than 3 times it probably will be 5x times faster than 7950 new 20nm arch. is so powerful these cards are made to compete with nVida 800 series

Has it been confirmed these things have 4000 shader units...im not surrised at the 1ghz thing...thats been somewhat of a constant on amd's side with all the "GHZ EDITION" cards.....also isnt the 9970 gonna be a 7990 squashed into one gpu core....so it will offer probably 20% performance whilst drasticly lower  heat output and power consumption....If AMD pulls this off then they will definately start taking huge chunks out of nvidia sales....The people who went with a titan or 780 must not be so happy atm with all this info coming to the surface. They couldve waited till the end of the year and got something twice or even three times as powerful for the same price.

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |

Has it been confirmed these things have 4000 shader units...im not surrised at the 1ghz thing...thats been somewhat of a constant on amd's side with all the "GHZ EDITION" cards.....also isnt the 9970 gonna be a 7990 squashed into one gpu core....so it will offer probably 20% performance whilst drasticly lower  heat output and power consumption....If AMD pulls this off then they will definately start taking huge chunks out of nvidia sales....The people who went with a titan or 780 must not be so happy atm with all this info coming to the surface. They couldve waited till the end of the year and got something twice or even three times as powerful for the same price.

-Anubikai

it is not confirmed yet but a lot sites says the same thing if they realsed that GPU like that i will sell my titans,family,and house to buy  at least 2 of em!

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

hmm.....well things like this spread like wildfire....once false report and the site just follow like sheeps....ultimately they are in it for the views...more money.....I wouldve expected something like 3000units but 4000 is IMMENSE!!!....if its true =P the card will cost quite a bit though...but i suppose you wouldnt care seeing as you froked out for two titans.....I would really suggest selling your titans now while they have some worth. Atm they are the fastest single gpu card out there.....if all this info turns out to be true then no one will give two thought to the titan.....invest in a simple small gpu that will get you along till the end of the year.....wait and see...worst comes to worst the titans price wouldve dropped and you just rebuy them with your money you get from selling your current ones...

-Anubikai

| i5-4670k at stock until I do a custom WC loop | H80i | Asus Matrix Platinum 7970 at stock until I do a custom WC loop  | MSI Z87 GD65 | 1TB CAVIAR BLACK | 250gb Blue Scorpio | HX750 80 PLUS GOLD modular | 16GB INTEL EXTREME EDITION PATRIOT 1866MHZ | Coolermaster Storm Enforcer with two Red 20cm fans intake and exhaust |