Looking for a new sound setup

I need some help with recommendations of a new sound setup.

I'm looking to get a new soundcard and headset. Would like to spend less than $200-$250 on the whole setup. I previously owned a pair of Siberia V2's and while they are nice headphones they were uncomfortable after a few hours of use. I have decent sound for an on board setup (Crosshair V) just looking for a bit more. I really like the whole idea behind 7H's with a retractable mic, detachable points for storage or travel, and the most enticing part to me, the interchangeable ear cups. I will be using these headphones/headset for use on the go too, so I'm kinda looking to stay away from a stationary boom mic, that being said I'm not opposed to using something like a mod mic. I'm not particularly that knowledgeable with soundcards, I know the difference between 5.1/7.1 and such but other than that its about the extent of it. Usage of this setup will be for just about everything, I have speakers but tend to wear headphones for fear of being too loud. I do play games, I'm listening to music most of the time I'm not playing games (sometimes even during!) and I watch movies as well. 

Some of the things I'm wanting to see in the new headphones:

- Around the ear

- 3 foot-ish long cable with extension

- 3.5mm port - not USB

- closed type mainly

- comfortable for long hours of continuous use

- preferably something that won't look too goofy in public

What I'm looking for in the soundcard:
- $50 - $80

- PCi

- good headphone amp

- at least 5.1 surround capable

- preferably red or black (coolness factor is always important!)

Now even though I gave a price range of $200 - $250 I wouldn't mind spending a little more if it would mean getting something much better. 

DSC_0003_zpsdd887fd1.jpg

Here you can see why I would like a red or black one..  :P

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to help me out!  :)

off the top of my head akg k550's or shure srh-840's would be good for music and movies.

you would need a modmic with either.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

While those are nice, I would still want a good soundcard to go with them, and with them taking up most of my budget I think I'd rather have something a little cheaper(like  <$175) and have a mid grade - high end PCi sound card to go with them.

fiio e10, srh-840 and a mod mic should be just over $250 and hard to beat for a semi portable system.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Looking for a PCi soundcard, the headphones will be used across my devices, the soundcard for my desktop only. I just don't really know about the 840s, a lot of reviewers say they're too heavy and get uncomfortable after a while. Coming from the Siberias, they felt pretty light up until my ears started hurting after about 2 or so hours.

While those are nice, I would still want a good soundcard to go with them, and with them taking up most of my budget I think I'd rather have something a little cheaper(like  <$175) and have a mid grade - high end PCi sound card to go with them.

You don't want to do that. Nicer headphones will impact your listening waaaaaaaaaaay more than the soundcard/DAC/amp you choose.

Beyerdynamic DT770? There's a 250 Ohm version for $180 if you really wanted a soundcard, but they might not get loud enough on mobile.

I'm thinking about skipping out on the soundcard until later, I have decent on board audio for what it is with my crosshair v mobo. I don't need professional headphones, just something that will have a decent sound, a closed setup, be comfortable to wear, and have either a retractable mic like my past Siberia's or be detachable like those Asus rog headsets I've seen in the past.